This Page

has been moved to new address

More sickness than health in this family!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: More sickness than health in this family!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More sickness than health in this family!

So when I married Anthony we both vowed, "In sickness and in health." Well this year it has been more sickness than health. With me going back to work so quickly after Olivia was born and putting Olivia in daycare; she has been non stop sick. First Olivia had RSV, then ear infections after ear infections, a cold here, a cold there, and who knows what else! Oh yeah, pneumonia too. And that was just 2010......
Grace started kindergarten this year and has hardly been sick, which is such a blessing. She has had a few sicknesses here and there, but nothing like poor Olivia. 
Then there is me and Anthony. We did decently well for 2010...except poor Anthony got so sick on his first day of work that he came home and just passed out. 
Thankfully, this pregnancy I have not been as sick as I was with the girls (with the girls I was really nauseous). 
I was really excited to start 2011 because I thought that it would be a nice healthy year.....boy was I wrong!  The past few months have been such a blur that I can't remember who was sick when and who passed it to who. My dad said this was a bad flue season and boy do I ever believe it! Olivia and Grace got super sick the first week of January - just in time for my sister to visit along with their cousins Lila and Will. We did not get to spend much time with them, we were all home sick. :( After that the sickness became a lovely cycle....after the girls were sick, I got sick....then Anthony.....then Olivia.....then me again.......then Olivia.....then Anthony.....then me......and then Grace again. Oh yeah and somewhere in there I got food poisoning. With two trips to the ER (once for Grace and once for Olivia) and one trip to labor and delivery (I'm fine)......2011 has been an expensive year! I keep reminding myself, "God will provide," and I keep praying, "God get all sickness out of our house." 
Today I was finishing up at work and I get a message from my hubby saying, "I hate to bother you at work but I went to get Olivia at daycare and she threw up all day long." So I wrapped up as much as I could and head home to help him with my sick little baby. So thankfully Olivia is sick now and hopefully when she starts kindergarten in a few years she will be the healthiest kid in the bunch! 
I think all families have been through these seasons in life where everyone seems sick all the time and they just pass it back and forth. I guess when you have a family you really do share everything!
So with all this sickness, I am working hard on thanking God for keeping us all healthy. We may get minor colds here and there but not of us are seriously or chronically ill and that is such a blessing. And even though Anthony and I have experienced more sickness than health, I know this is just growing us closer together and closer to God. I guess it is through the hard times we truly learn to grow closer together and closer to God. 
So now my prayer is...that all this sickness will run its course before little Luke is born! Only time will tell!
Lots of love,
RN Mommy (AKA Melanie) and Dr. Daddy (AKA Anthony) 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Andy and Kiara said...

Sorry you have all been so sick! I hope you have some relief soon. Feb./March are bad sickness months in the SW. So April should bring some relief, if not before! :)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM , Blogger AudreyLinden said...

Hopefully you won't be sick forever! We have had a sick 2011 too! Hopefully that nice AZ summer will clear everything up.

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home