This Page

has been moved to new address

Fully Rely On God

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Fully Rely On God

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fully Rely On God



Fully Rely On God spells FROG.

About 2 months ago I joined a mom’s group. Our theme for the study was FROG. When I arrived that had cute frogs as decorations everywhere. I thought it was so cute, “frogs must be in like owls now.” As we introduced ourselves (sometime I will blog about my introduction) and learned more about the study, they told us that frogs are our theme so that we would remember to Fully Rely On God.

I came home from study, so excited to tell my husband how nervous I was to be there but I met people and I knew that this is where God wanted me. Then I told him how cool the theme was: FROG. Then Anthony (my husband) says, “oh ya, I know about that.” So I guess FROG meaning Fully Rely On God wasn’t the newest coolest thing that mom’s group came up with but it was new to me and that’s all that mattered.

Lately I’ve been thinking what it means to FROG (Fully Rely On God).
Not just a little rely on Him, but FULLY. Fully Relying On God to HELP me.
To get me through!

The past week or so, I have gotten hardly any sleep. With Anthony being out of town and working extra shifts at the shop, I’ve been taking care of life on the home front non-stop. Anthony has been working at the cigar shop to make ends meet ever since losing his job in June. This equals little sleep for both of us. And that is with our kids being healthy.

For the past week, Olivia has been extra fussy. And if you know Olivia, you know she is not a fussy girl. She is independent, fun loving, happy, free spirit, ray of sunshine that God placed in our family. So if O’s fussy, you know something’s wrong. And if Olivia (my best sleeper ever) is up at night not only something is wrong, but somehow ALL the kids are up at night.

Last night was one of those nights. Olivia screaming, me trying to calm her down, Grace waking, Anthony trying to calm her down, Luke needing a bottle, us taking turns to feed him, all while Olivia is screaming. After getting Luke and Grace back to sleep, I finally realize that I should give Olivia Tylenol for the pain. After rocking her for a bit, I say, “night night.” And she goes back to sleep. Praise the Lord.

I’m sure as parents; we have all had nights like that and unfortunately there will be plenty more. I know my dad still has nights like that when I call him in the middle of the night needing help with something (love you dad).  

This morning, my crazy night got me thinking how I need to Fully Rely On God, in EVERY SINGLE AREA OF MY LIFE. Even the up all night, lack of sleep, los of brain cells, and added craziness times that I feel so scattered and out of it. I just need to rely that God will help me through the day.

Here are some of the areas that I am working on Fully Relying On God:

When life turns out differently than I planned.
When being a mom does not include many breaks.
When we are struggling financially.
When I am working on a correcting a behavior with my child.
When I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
When I miss Mom’s Group because my kids are sick L.
When I have to forgive someone who isn’t sorry for what they’ve done.
When I need to model for my kids how one should act.
When I need to be there for my family, truly there not just present.
When I try to cook and it never seems to turn out right.
When I try to cook and it never turns out right.
When I’m feeling all alone.
When I need tons of patience.
When I need to TRUST in Him.
When I need HIS strength.
When I need HIS forgiveness.
When I need a fresh start.
The list can go on forever.

What are the ways that you Fully Rely on God?





Isaiah 26:4

New International Version
4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

Today I am linking up with:









holy experience


Photobucket>

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Jenifer said...

Melanie, thank you for visiting my blog, Sweet Blessings! Nice to 'meet' you!

I love the saying F.R.O.G.! It is such a great way to remind ourselves to fully rely on God. And my son, Jeremiah (the bullfrog) loves and collects all things frogs. So we have plenty of reminders around this house! :)

 
At October 25, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Rebekah Jo said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog.

Many years ago I had a secret sister give me a little rubber frog that had fully rely on God written on the bottom. That little frog came to be a great comfort to me 5 years ago during my divorce.

 
At October 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Amen!...and He is enough!

 
At October 25, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Digger said...

Thank you for this! Truly! I loved this post!! So inspiring!!

Digger ~xoxo~
http://digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home