This Page

has been moved to new address

The Get Dressed Challenge

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: The Get Dressed Challenge

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Get Dressed Challenge

The Get Dressed Challenge!
 A couple of weeks ago, Anthony (my husband) and I watched Up All Night on TV. Christina Applegate’s character comes home to her husband who has cooked her a home cooked meal. She tells him to hold on and goes into her room, takes off her nice work attire and gets in sweats. Anthony started laughing and said, “that’s what you do!” I told him, “That’s what all moms do!”

Besides working on spending extra time with my husband, time that is not interrupted and fully focused on him…. I have been working on getting dressed EVERY day. This hasn’t been easy, since playing with kids all dressed up is not my idea of comfy. But I have been doing and it’s making me feel better about myself.

After I had Luke, I quit working to stay at home. But what I noticed about myself was that I stopped getting fully dressed in the morning like I did for work and I started just wearing work out clothes. God has been convicting me that I need to take my job as a mom more seriously. More like a job. Work was so formal and had set hours, being a wife and mom doesn’t. Can you relate?

The whole point in getting dressed when you are at home is to bless your husband and your children. There are only a few more days in the challenge will you join us? Lets bless our family with looking nice!

Here is a picture of me looking REALLY frumpy. 
I couldn't find one of me now because I refuse to allow people to take pictures of me when I have no make up on and have my sweats on. 
This is me right before Luke was born, no make up and workout clothes. 





 I have to tell you, I am in a total clothes and make up rut. 
Since having Luke and Olivia 15 months apart, I didn't get much break from being pregnant....so my clothes are old. And now that we have 3 kids, money is tight!

I need your ideas as to where I can get flattering inexpensive clothes. 
Also what is your favorite make up that is not too expensive? 
I only wear foundation, bronzer, eye line and mascara. 

Any advice would be appreciated!



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Catie said...

It is hard to get dressed up every day! I usually get dressed but it isn't always fancy. All my clothes are old too, so I have slowly been working on getting new ones. I like to get sweaters that button or zip. You can wear different shirts underneath for different looks and wear them with jeans or khakis. I got a cardigan at Target a few weeks ago that wasn't too expensive. I like Covergirl Mascara. I use a bronzer from Ulta. I have to shop online a lot because I don't live near stores, so I sign up for emails and then I can order when there are sales. Hope this is a little helpful! I have enjoyed reading your blog :)

 
At October 25, 2011 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Wow! We really are going through the same things! I'm doing the exact same thing, trying to get dressed for my man! Last night I gave up and got into my sweats/his t-shirt (I'm pregnant) at 9:15pm and of course he walks in at 9:30pm! I made a huge announcement that I did indeed get dressed that day AND had my make up done!
I usually just hit the sale racks at stores like Gap and Loft, they always have random sales like 40% off the lowest ticketed price:) And good ol' Forever 21 or H&M are good cheap places too...you just have to look past all the scandalous clothing!

 
At October 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Sale racks at the Loft, Target, the Gap. I have a friend that goes to the Good Will that is in a really nice part of the city and she regularly finds brand name clothes - like Anthropologie and Lululemon. My first two were 15 months apart, so I hear you, sister! I didn't get any new clothes til my third was a year old. :)

 
At October 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM , OpenID houseblendfamily said...

I have been trying to allocate my scarce resources on a few good basics (from Ann Taylor Loft clearance racks) and a few fun accessories (from the Target clearance rack). For good-but-inexpensive makeup, I have been very pleased with Sephora brand makeup, especially their eye and lip products. Best of luck to you!

 
At October 27, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Smithmommy8 said...

Thrift stores and Ebay help me. I go on Pinterest and look through the clothes & find really great pieces and try to get them cheap. Also things that can go with lots of things, cardigans, vests, blazers, etc...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home