This Page

has been moved to new address

"I see every sparrow that falls"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: "I see every sparrow that falls"

Monday, October 17, 2011

"I see every sparrow that falls"

I experienced something painfully traumatic the day before I graduated high school.
In my mind God had turned His back on me.
Soon after anxiety, panic, fear, and depression were my daily norm.
I used to be social and now I hid in my room, afraid to leave and afraid to be alone.  
I questioned God: Do you even love me? Do you care even about me? Are you even there for me?
I started university. I lost hope in my God and put my hope in my education.
I didn’t want to talk to God. I felt like He abandoned me.

One day I was driving and I saw a bird get hit by a car.
Then I heard a whisper. A quiet whisper in my ear.
No one was there but Someone was talking to me.
“I see every sparrow that falls, Melanie.”
Those words stuck with me.
An echo throughout the day,
“I see every sparrow that falls.”
My heart became softer. I knew God was speaking to me.

Matthew 10:29-31 (NIV)
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?
Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your father.
And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

This was the turning point in my healing.
 The God of the universe cares about a bird dying. God cares about me.

Throughout the years God has carried me on a long healing process.
 I still struggle.
He is here carrying me.
He is here giving me hope.
When I look up and see a bird I remember the hope that God has given me.

I pray that as you walk through difficult times, remember you are not alone.
The God of the universe who cares for a sparrow cares for you.
God wants to give you hope and He wants to carry you through it!

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,”
declares the Lord,
 “plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


Today I am linking up with:
Small Bird Studio's Blog Hop


And





 
 

Photobucket

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Angel Haynes said...

I love your post. Thanks for sharing how Jesus spoke so sweetly to you and how he is working healing and freedom out in your life. Beautiful and thoughtful words!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger The Cantelmo Family said...

Thank you, Angel. Your comment encouraged me today!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Karen Gordon said...

Ohh Melaine! What a beautiful post! You know..I have been finding god on the "blogosphere".. It might sound silly, but it's true.. It's like he has been giving me signs to never give up on hope.. here and everywhere I click! Thank you for sharing it! And thank you for visiting my blog! I like yours very much as well!
(You have 2 lovely girls!)
Looking forward to future chats! :)

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:12 PM , Blogger The Cantelmo Family said...

I'm so glad God spoke to you! And I will pray that He continues to give you hope!! :)

 
At October 19, 2011 at 6:24 AM , Blogger michelle @ this little light said...

Visiting from Small Bird Studios. What a beautiful moment in your life, and how blessed you are to have recognized it.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home