This Page

has been moved to new address

Luke's test and I'm getting dressed!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Luke's test and I'm getting dressed!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Luke's test and I'm getting dressed!





On Monday morning, Luke had to get his ears checked at the hospital.

There were a few times where there would be a loud noise and Luke wouldn’t respond. My husband was concerned so we took him into the doctor. The doctor tried clapping her hands on his right side, but he never turned. She thought it would be a good idea to see an audiologist.

By the time we got scheduled for the appointment, I noticed that Luke was hearing on the right side again. He would startle to noise and move toward you if you heard you call his name.

My husband and I think he could have been congested and wasn’t able to hear out of his right ear when he had a cold for almost a month in August/ September.

We decided to go ahead with the test, to ease our fears.
I could barely sleep Sunday night. 
Not because I was worried about the test, 
but I was worried about him being put to sleep to do it.
I kept praying and trusted that God was in control. 


Honestly, I feel so blessed that our biggest worry for Luke was his ears. There are so many parents having so many of their fears become reality. 


Ask my husband and he will tell you that wherever I go I chat someone's ear off. I get even more chatty when I'm nervous. So while we were waiting for the doctor to be ready; I chatted with all the nurses. This one nurse was SO sweet, she just adored Luke. We got talking and she told me how she has to give chemo to all the kids that come in. It made me SO heartbroken and sad. I couldn't imagine going through that as a family. The nurse told me that it is really hard, but the families are so strong. I asked if there is anyway my family could help. The nurse said they are always accepting new toys for kids who have a rough day of chemo. Hopefully soon I'll be taking the kids to pick out a new toy for a boy or girl getting chemo. 
Luke and his nurse
Thank you God that my children are healthy! 
Thank you that you blessed Luke with normal hearing!
Help my family to bless others who are struggling. 


Just so everyone knows I've been getting dressed.
Here is the proof:


 Three days going strong. That's a big deal for me.


Today I didn't get dressed nice because I'm cleaning all day. Does anyone actually wear nice clothes to clean???









Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Jessica Gardner said...

I peaked through your blog from Blog bash. :) fun seeing people. And no I do not wear nice clothes to clean in, and the best thing about a SAHM is that you don't have to get dressed every day. :) I hate picking out clothes.

 
At October 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Nessa said...

If I had nice enough yoga pants to stay in them all day I would! My three pairs all are either stained with bleach or have holes... so I have to put on real pants. But I asked for new ones for Christmas. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home