This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's

Monday, October 17, 2011

This is my husband, Anthony.
Isn't he cute?
He loves cigars and he writes about them here.


My husband called me from the bathroom of a cigar event he was at. He told me that one of the ladies there running the event said she was surprised I was so supportive of him and his love for cigars.
            “The guys’ wives don’t like them smoking cigars?” I asked.
            “I guess not, Victoria (the lady running the event) said that she will often send them flowers for letting their husbands attend a cigar event.” Anthony replied.
            “Well tell her I’ll take an Edible Arrangement!”

It got me thinking….I don’t like cigars. I think smoking is pretty gross. I tried smoking a cigarette one time in high school because I thought it was cool. The next day I tried hiking and could barely catch my breath. I realized smoking was pretty dumb and never did it again.

So why on earth would I support my husband in his cigar hobby? I love my husband. Smoking cigars for him is more than just smoking a cigar. For him, it is an experience. It’s how he bonds with other guys, especially his dad. And that means a lot to me.

Sometimes I feel jealous that he has cigar night every Monday night and I don’t have manicure Monday or martini Monday or some other Monday night girly type of activity. But when I start to feel envious, I remind myself all that I do have and how much God has given me.

A long time ago, before I was married. I was reading an article about a wife who had her husband stop going out at night to play basketball because he was constantly away from the family. She noticed overtime her husband became grumpy. He was short with the kids and with her. She realized that her husband needed basketball to unwind from work and transition home.

I believe that allowing my husband to have something that is uniquely his; helps him be the best husband and father he can be.   


Does your husband have a hobby? Comment on your husband's hobby below:
And if you are a guy reading this (which I doubt), just leave me a comment!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Anonymous Rob said...

That's cool that you are supportive of something he is so passionately in love with.

I get the death glare.

 
At October 17, 2011 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Ashley Blunt said...

Grant loves to hike, bike, swim and run! He is a man of many hobbies :) But like you said it helps them unwind and if it is their passion, why hinder that right? It is hard sometimes though :) Love you!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

you rock!

God has been showing me a lot lately how it is such a blessing when you can truly love and bless your hubby from a selfless heart. . . which takes tons of help from the Spirit. :)

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home