This Page

has been moved to new address

Today and 5 minute Friday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Today and 5 minute Friday

Friday, October 28, 2011

Today and 5 minute Friday


I have a busy day today. I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. Pray for me.
We are having a Halloween play date tonight. We are going to paint pumpkins; it’s going to be fun. I can’t lie. I am a bit anxious, a house full of kids with paint seems a bit scary, but I just want to relax and enjoy myself!
Also, I am working in Grace’s classroom today. This is the first time I have been able to do it this year and I can’t wait. I miss being in the classroom with the kids and I am excited to see all her friends.

Ok, enough of that and on to 5 minute Friday.

Every Friday I link up with The Gypsy Mama for 5 minutes Friday.
The rules are to write for 5 minutes, no editing, just writing. This week the word is relevant.
So scary, but I’m doing it. I’m not a good writer, so I am learning.
Deep breaths….here I go.

Start

Lord,

I pray that you would help me be relevant. Relevant to others, to my husband, and to my children. Help me to connect on a deeper level and meet others where they are at.  Help me to trust in you and go beyond my comfort zone. Help me to be a witness of how amazing you are.
God I pray that you would grow me in my faith. Teach me to make my life an offering to You. And when I mess up and blow it, help me to own it.
Help me to glorify You in my life. Even when it isn’t easy. Which feels like most of the time lately.
Help me to serve you, serve my family and serve others in a way that shows them that they are deeply loved by You, God.
I pray that as my children get older, I would be relevant to their culture and know what they are dealing with at school.
Thank you, God that You want to draw me closer to You. Even when I turn away, even when my sin separates me from you. God I pray that I can model a true love for You to my husband and children.
Thank you for blessing me with my family, my friends and all the amazing people in my life.

Stop

That was a tough one for me!





Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous Dolly @ Soulstops said...

Hi Melanie,

I'm behind you on the 5MF link.

I was delighted to see the heart of love behind your prayer post! I prayed along with you as I read it.

Praying that your day was full of God's love and good surprises.
Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM , Blogger The Cantelmo Family said...

You are so sweet, thank you!!!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Dolly @ Soulstops said...

Hi Melanie,

Just in case, you look for my post, it was deleted. Long story, sort of...FYI in case you look and wonder where it went.

Have a great weekend!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Three's 4 Me said...

Hi there!!! Thank you so much for stopping by from Follow Fest!!! I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, but I'm your newest follower! Nice to "meet" you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home