This Page

has been moved to new address

Welcome friend

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Welcome friend

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Welcome friend

I just wanted to say thanks for coming by my blog.
 I am excited to have you.
My name is Melanie.

I am a wife to Anthony.

I am mommy to Grace, Olivia, and Luke.


 Don’t worry Winston and Henry, I didn’t forget you guys….I am a proud (totally confused at how to train these dudes) dog owner of Winston and Henry.

I started blogging to connect with my family.
Once I started writing, I wanted to connect with others.
I wanted to meet other moms, women and new friends.
I am blessed by the blogs I read.
I pray that I can encourage you.

Just last year I was working, I’ve been a working mom for a long time. 
Not because I wanted to, but because I had to.
After getting a degree in Education, I ended up working in social services and then in community mental health.
It was draining, tiring, never ending, lots of documentation, 
and I loved it.
There was pain, sadness, and heartache.
But it was where God had me.  
My work blessed me, my clients inspired me and I grew as a person.

By the time my little Luke was born; (April 2011) 
I desperately wanted to be home.

 I wanted to fulfill my dream of being a full time at home momma. 
My husband and I trusted in God and I quit my job to stay home.
A month after Luke was born; my husband lost his job. 
We are going through a hard season. 
But we are choosing to trust God to get us through.

Now that I have been at home for almost 7 months I miss my passion to share hope with others who are hurting.
Community mental health and social services is a hopeless field. 
God called me to bless others. 
Although I couldn’t tell my clients about God I could show them His love by not judging them, by caring for them, and by treating them like valuable human beings.
Don’t get me wrong I have passion for my kids and I love them dearly.
I have an urge to care for people.  To share God’s love with people who are wounded and hurting. 
That is why I am here. 
I hope by sharing my story, you will feel safe to share yours.

I blog because I am trusting God.
I blog because I want to share the hope He has given me.
I blog because it is healing.
I blog because I am a work in progress.
I blog because I am not perfect and I want you to know that.
I blog because I want you to know my story…but most importantly, I want to know yours.



Photobucket

Labels: , , , , , , ,

19 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM , Blogger Nicole {Miss Mommy} said...

Hey!. New follower here from Follow Fest :). Nice to meet you :). Hope to see you around my place sometime ;) xx

 
At October 28, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

i'm stopping by from follower fest, i'd love for you to stop by my blog and checkout the huge giveaway going on- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

 
At October 28, 2011 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Colleen said...

I feel ya on the Grandpa/Grandma calls- I am the worst communicator of all time. I never call anyone enough either! :)

 
At October 28, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Jazmin @ The Miller's said...

Awww this is so precious. :o)

♥Jazmin

 
At October 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM , Blogger jessica dukes said...

love this post. and i blog for most all the same reasons, what a great outlet. new follower to your blog from the follow fest, i am glad to have found you. your babies (even the pups!) are precious.

 
At October 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

You have such an adorable family! new follower from the hop!
http://myadventuresthroughmommyhood.blogspot.com/

 
At October 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Beautiful Post!! I too, am a newly stay at home mama!! I LOVE LOVE it!!! Your family is adorable!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Such a great post! Trusting God is very important! My husband and myself are trying to bring him into our lives more since we got married! Found you from follower fest! Great blog!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

what a beautiful story, I also have a little 10 month old Luke!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I am excited to read along!!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Mae said...

What a beautiful post!! So excited to find your blog :) New follower from the Followers Fest!

-Mary Susan
maemcconnell.blogspot.com

 
At October 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Monet said...

Hi im a new follower from follower fest im a stay at home mom as well and love it = )

 
At October 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Natalie Ensor said...

Hi! So glad I found your blog through FFF, Love your story and your sweet family already. So nice to meet you and hope you can stop on by and visit me here http://www.nataliensor.blogspot.com/

 
At October 28, 2011 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Matt and Chelsea said...

Hi Melanie! Following from Followers Fest : ) Your kids are adorable! I hope I get to be a stay-at-home mommy for a while when we have kids one day too!! I'm excited to read your blog : )

 
At October 29, 2011 at 12:56 AM , Anonymous Dawnee said...

Hi Melanie! What a great introduction! I'm so sorry that you and your husband have had such a difficult time in the job area! I can relate.... I am now a stay at home grandmother because I lost my job more than a year ago. Sometimes it's difficult to just trust our Father and know that he has everything in His hands. But I know it is true!

I found you on the Followers Fest and I hope you'll take the time to check out my blog and follow as well.

 
At October 29, 2011 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Mom Blog Society said...

Visiting from October Follow Fest!
Do you ever wonder why your Alexa Rank isn’t where you want it to be?
Join Our Alexa Hop Get Your Alexa Rank DOWN!
http://momblogsociety.com

 
At October 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

We luv family blogs over @ Yo Michael Michael! Found you through October Followers Fest. Please follow back Happy Halloween :)

~Kristina
http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

 
At October 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

I am so excited to be you newest follower from the blog hop! Great post :)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

 
At October 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

stopping by from followers fest... your kiddies are adorable!!! have a great halloween!

 
At November 1, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Julianna, Jade, Janae, Jamie said...

This is such a sweet post. My husband lost his job earlier this year too! I tell ya it was fate you found me! I'm so glad I get this opportunity to get to know you!!! -jamie @ theletter4

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home