This Page

has been moved to new address

What I'm reading....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: What I'm reading....

Thursday, October 20, 2011

What I'm reading....

I have been following Angie Smith’s blog for quite sometime and am so blessed by her openness. If you haven’t heard Angie’s story you can check it out here.
For my birthday, I asked my sister to get me her two books What Women Fear and He Will Carry Me. I decided to start with What Women Fear first because over at (In)courage.me, they were doing a book club. The book has been AMAZING and the book club has been so encouraging to me. I just finished the chapter on the fear of failure. Failure is something I struggle with. Sometimes I don’t even try because I don’t want to fail.
Here are some quotes from the book; I hope they encourage you just as much as they encouraged me:

“Sometimes the fear of failure
steals the beauty we were meant to create.”

“If what we are being called to do is in God’s will for us,
we truly can’t fail.”

“What I saw as a character flaw, God saw as potential.
What I perceived as weakness was going to be my glory-gift.
What I was sure was failure was actually the heart of my success.”


If you are looking for a new book to read, I highly recommend What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms by Angie Smith.


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM , Anonymous Espana said...

Between a Rock and Grace Place is the touching and transparent look at a mother's heart. Although devastated by her son's lifelong incarceration, Carol Kent has chosen to rise above the earthly aspects of a terrible situation, and instead look to the heavenly. Between a Rock and a Grace Place includes many other stories from people who have found themselves facing insurmountable issues. Each of these stories demonstrates that when we are going through tough times, God is often preparing us for something bigger and better. It may even be something that we never would have accomplished if we didn't go through the hard times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home