This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas gifts for our hubby's

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Christmas gifts for our hubby's

Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas gifts for our hubby's

Acts 20:35
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

I {love} giving gifts
It’s easy for me to buy gifts for women,
but when it comes to giving gifts to my husband, father(s), and brother(s), I’m always stumped!
How about you?

On my husband’s site, Cigar Brief, his partner came up with a list of gifts under $100 that would be perfect for the cigar smoker or nonsmoker in your life. Go here to check it out.

With Anthony being out of work (well he has a little side job) our Christmas budget is extremely limited. I decided to compile a list of gifts that are inexpensive that we can give our husbands if money is tight.

I am blessed to have a very sensitive, loving husband.
His top love language is words of affirmation, so I always try to get him a gift that affirms him.

Here are some gift ideas I came up with:


100 reasons I love you
I did this on our first Valentines Day together, I cut out 100 hearts and wrote all the reasons I loved Anthony.
  

Journal
Get a journal for your husband and write prayers in it for him. Anthony and I enjoy doing this, I write a prayer for him and he writes one for me. Not only is this encouraging to both of us, but it is a legacy we can leave for our children.




Massage oil
Buy massage oil and put a cute tag on it saying, “For your after Christmas massage.” If you are a parent, an after Christmas massage is much needed!!


Old dictionary
Get an old dictionary from Goodwill and circle all the words that remind you of your husband.



Paint a picture
Get your kids in on the action and have them paint a picture on canvas for their dad. The girls gave this to me for my birthday this year and it was my favorite gift ever!!
 
Coupon book
I love this one because the coupons should include acts of service or fun activities. Be creative: One night out with the guys on me, a free car wash, a date night (I’ll find the sitter), or I’ll do your yard work for you.


I removed a weed in our completely non landscape backyard to surprise Anthony! 

Book Book
This is more expensive but Anthony wants a Book Book – you can find one here (it’s under $100), if your man is into electronics, he may like this!

Create a photo book using Snapfish or Shutterfly
These are some of our favorite gifts we have given each other

Make him his favorite dinner
Anthony loves my homemade spaghetti sauce, I don’t make it much because it takes a lot of work but he always eats every last bite!

Write him a love letter and frame it
Write out a heartfelt note to him, share some of your favorite Bible verses, encourage him and love him in it, print it out and put it in a cute frame.


Bring him dinner or lunch at work
Anthony loves when I do this because he knows he takes a lot of work for me to get the kids in and out of the car and pick up food somewhere (or make it), plus it helps him get through the workday.
What are your Christmas gift ideas for your husband?
Don't forget to enter the giveaway!






































Photobucket





Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At November 21, 2011 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Trisha @ clarionwren.com said...

Thanks, Melanie, for the great ideas. My husband's primary love language is also words of affirmation. I had to learn how to do this for him since it's not one of my love languages. I love the idea of the 100 reasons for love and the love letter. :)

 
At November 21, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Anonymous Rob said...

I suggest the coupon book. But I would throw out the "creative" ideas and replace them with naughty ideas. Preferably ones you don't commonly perform in bed. WINNING.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Jazmin @ The Miller's said...

Oh! I love these ideas! Perfect.

Yes, please swap my button! Thanks so much! I just swapped yours. ;)

♥Jazmin

 
At November 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

My husband is not really hard to shop for...he makes sure to tell me exactly what he wants, then gets sad that he was not surprised! haha...

 
At November 22, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Thanks for hopping with us at Mom Blog Monday!
I'm now following you back from So Easy Being Green!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Karen said...

These are all such great ideas!!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Blogger {K} said...

I love all these ideas!! I've been trying to figure out a fun, homemade gift for my husband for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Brandy Jane Mabel said...

Great ideas.. I especially love the old dictionary idea! I would have never thought of that!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:56 PM , Anonymous Lacey said...

These are some good ideas! I am completely stumped as to what to get my husband this year because he somehow always figures out what I got for him ahead of time. Maybe I should frame the love letter i first wrote to him...but it's a little embarrassing. :)

 
At November 22, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Lost&Found said...

I love all of these ideas! Like you, I never have any clue what to get the men in my life (especially my dad).

Happy early Thanksgiving!

-Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

 
At November 23, 2011 at 3:28 AM , Blogger Joluise said...

These are great ideas. My husband is very hard to buy for as he won't give me any clues. Your list is very good, so Thankyou :)

 
At November 23, 2011 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Lisa Maria said...

Hello Melanie.. visiting from Titus2 Tuesdays. Thanks for these lovely ideas...I also have problems buying for the men in my life (I guess that's because we were an all-girl family. I will definitely check out some of these.

God bless!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Rolled Up Pretty said...

K I seriously LOVE these ideas! We totally don't have to spend a lot either to give a good gift. Thanks for linking this to my blog, I just might steal one! :)

 
At November 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger 5ohWifey said...

I LOVE the idea of both your husband and you writing a prayer journal for one another. Stealing this idea. Stopping by from FF!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

love this post, thanks fork the great ideas! i'd love for you to stop by www.thelovelypoppy.com and check out the new tutorials and current giveaways. xoxo nicole

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home