This Page

has been moved to new address

Behind on everything

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Behind on everything

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Behind on everything


The laundry is piled up
The house is a mess
I need to go grocery shopping
I have bills to pay
Blog post to write
Christmas presents to buy and make
Errands to run
And so many other things to do



But all that doesn’t matter when I have been busy taking care of one sick little man

On Saturday, Anthony woke me up in the middle of the night saying that Luke was gasping for air. I knew right away it was croup. We did everything we could to help him breathe better; nothing worked. We called 911 and we were rushed to the ER. At the ER they gave him steroids and he started feeling better.  And we were sent home.

On Sunday he didn’t have much improvement. That evening, Anthony went to work at the cigar shop. Luke was still struggling. I took him on a drive with the windows down, gave him 2 breathing treatments, had the humidifier going, and sat in the bathroom with the shower going. As soon as Anthony got home at one in the morning, he rushed Luke back to the ER.

At the ER they tried as hard as they could to get Luke breathing better, but nothing worked. Not even steroids. Luke was transferred to Cardon Children’s hospital where he has been ever since. Thankfully he is doing much better and we are hoping to be released soon.

Thank you for your prayers and hopefully I’ll be sharing about our Thanksgiving and trip to Zoo lights soon! 
And maybe I'll even get caught up on my laundry. Ha!

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

~ Romans 8:28

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At November 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Catie said...

Praying for Luke!!!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Wow, my nephew has gone trough the same thing and it's just awful. Praying for your little boy!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

: ( Prayerful for little Luke..

 
At November 30, 2011 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Praying for Luke! Hope he gets better soon!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Blogger The Pettijohn's said...

Poor little guy, praying for him!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Amanda Hoyt said...

Hi Melanie,

I found your blog through Franchesca Cox's stuido blog. I am praying for Luke and you as a family.

Also, just so you know, I read your "about" page and you spoke some of what is in my heart. I yearn to help others (whether it be encourage, pray for or just to listen to them if they need that). After I lost my unborn baby in 2008, I feel that God used my loss to bring me closer to Him and to build this great love for others and follow throught with it in some way or another.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog and getting to know you better :)

Love, hugs and prayers,
Amanda

 
At November 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

goodness... that sounds terrible. the croup is nasty. my daughter has had it several times and the last time it turned into pneumonia. keep us updated!!!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Krystyn said...

Oh, how scary. Praying for you and Luke! I hope they figure out something to help him breath better ASAP!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

praying for your sweet boy!!!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

I just found your blog today...I hope everything gets better soon!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Trisha @ clarionwren.com said...

Sending prayers your way, Melanie!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 8:54 PM , Blogger gina said...

Glad he's starting to show a little improvement, I can pray for him tonight..And ya know what? That laundry can wait! You are a wonderful mother!!!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Three's 4 Me said...

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for writing this post! My son slips in and out of croup so easily, but since it has never been TOO bad, I've sort of become insensitive to how bad it can actually become. This gave me a whole new perspective on the matter. We will be praying for your little one!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 9:44 PM , Blogger the hollie rogue said...

so sorry to hear all of this, and praying for a speedy recovery!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Blogger ♥Priiincesss said...

Awwww, I'm really sorry to hear that doll, hope the lil man get well soon!!

 
At December 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

I am SO sorry...I just saw this post!! I am praying for your little man. I hope he is feeling much better soon!

 
At December 1, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Praying for Luke. Keep the updates coming.

 
At December 1, 2011 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

Oh my gosh girl, I am so sorry I missed this. I would have been praying the whole time. I am so glad to see the updated post that he is doing a little better and will hopefully be discharged soon!

 
At December 2, 2011 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Alexandra Rose said...

I have just read through your latest posts after finding your blog through the hop and I'm so sincerely sorry you are dealing with this. Poor little Luke, it's so sad that these little people have to go through things like this. There's nothing much I can say because I haven't experienced anything lke this but I just wanted to leave a note letting you know you and your family are in my thoughts and I am wishing Luke a speedy recovery.
http://beingmama.com/
http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home