This Page

has been moved to new address

grow.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: grow.

Friday, November 18, 2011

grow.

Warning: I may just ramble a bit in this post.
Today’s word for 5 minute Friday is grow:
Start
My husband and I were talking last night.
We both enjoy serving others and ministry
Lately we haven’t been serving anyone
(besides the endless demands of a family).
We both feel worn out. Tired. Exhausted.

When I got pregnant with Olivia (out of marriage).
Anthony had to step down from ministry.
This was so hard for him.
He lost relationships and friendships.
It was a hard time for both of us.

There are so many things I fell in love with when I met Anthony.
He has so many good qualities.
One thing I fell in love with was his love for others.
He loved the kids he mentored.
They adored him.
He had a heart for others.
He cared for them.
We both share in this same desire.

I used to work in social services and I love loving on people.
There was a period of time when Anthony worked for an agency that I previously worked for.
We grew closer together because we shared in the same goals.

It was so amazing.
It was amazing to see him work with the people I cared so much for. He has such a big heart and he helped so many people.
It was beautiful.

The problem is this field often loses funding.
Workers like me; often lose their job because of lack of funding.
It’s sad. But it’s the way it works.
Anthony ended up getting offered a job that pays more.
We thought it was a good decision.
Months later, the company lost funding; Anthony lost his job.

Through our hard times we grow.
We grow closer together and grow closer to God.
There are days were we lose our vision.
We lose our purpose.
We stop growing.
Sometimes we grow apart.

We lose sight of our dream.
It’s not easy.
I remind myself it is a season.

Last night,
our conversation turned to the things Anthony is good at.
Is he pursing goals that aren’t in God’s will or His plan?
Anthony is an amazingly smart person.
He has a master’s degree and is struggling to find a job.
It’s a tough time. Tough on me and tough on him.

He is so good at loving on others.
He would love to have his ministry back, but when?
He would love to have a job, but when?
He would love to have a wife that doesn’t lose hope and encouraged him
I struggle. It’s hard. It’s not easy.
I desire to love him by encouraging.
But I forget sometimes.
I get wrapped up in my own stuff and the kids.
I forgot to love on the man who needs it most right now, Anthony.
I am growing.
I am allowing God to teach me all this wifely stuff.
I am working on it.
Stop.



On In Around button





Labels:

7 Comments:

At November 18, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous Brandy said...

AWESOME!! So glad I clicked on your 5 minute Friday. I needed to hear the words and I will share with my husband. You are not alone.....I will be praying for your husband to find the job God wants him to have and praying for your family! Blessings to you all.

 
At November 18, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Blogger proverbs31heart said...

Thanks for stopping in and visiting my site, Melanie, and thanks for leading me to yours! What a blessing! I am putting you and Anthony and your precious family on my prayer list as God grows you right where you are planted. The best, my dear, is yet to come! May God's greatest blessings be yours as we go into this holiday season. I'm looking forward to seeing how God uses you and your dh in the days ahead. Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving season!

All My Love,
~Rebecca

 
At November 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Trisha @ clarionwren.com said...

Melanie, I love that this post was a 5 Minute Friday post (unedited, free flowing). It's so heartfelt. I think we all get wrapped up in life and sometimes forget to just stop and love on each other.

 
At November 18, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Marybeth said...

Oh you are so not alone! I am putting you and your family on my prayer list right now...God is doing an amazing work through and in your lives, and you just have to cling to the fact that you are redeemed and precious in His sight, and that He has you in the palm of His hand, always. There is hope, there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel, and your husband will find a job in Jesus' name. I pray a blessing over your family and I pray joy and peace when the world tries to distract and bring division. Know you are loved!
Marybeth

 
At November 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Blogger LisaShaw said...

Hi Melanie, I'm new to your beautiful blog. Popped in from 5 Minute Fridays. I loved your honesty in sharing. I completely relate to:

"Through our hard times we grow.
We grow closer together and grow closer to God."

I said a prayer for you, your husband and your family. I believe that in our seasons of trials are our greatest times of faith building and that's never easy but it always ends up being rewarding in Christ.

Praying for you...love and blessings!
Lisa

 
At November 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger AudreyLinden said...

It is so hard when you are in the middle of it. Believe me! God has plans for your life!

 
At November 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger AudreyLinden said...

It is so hard when you are in the middle of it. Believe me! God has plans for your life!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home