This Page

has been moved to new address

A Guest Post From Liz

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A Guest Post From Liz

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Guest Post From Liz

Hi friends!
I am so excited to introduce you to Liz from The Quick Journey.
She is super beautiful and a wonderful mommy.
Since I am crafty challenged, she is going to show us how to make a wreath. I wish I could make one with her in real life!!!
Make sure you head over to The Quick Journey and give her lots of love.



Hey all you Cantelmo friends!  I am Liz, from The Quick Journey.  Melanie has become a great bloggy friend and I am super excited to be here today.  

I am a Bible believing, green living, homemaking mommy of two.  I love my life and feel utterly blessed that God has entrusted me with the care of my family.  
This is me and my hubby.  He's pretty sweet and I am happy I get to walk through life with him.

I get to start every morning with kisses and smiles from two of the most precious little ones anywhere.  Ella is my sweet (almost) 4 year old, and Liam is my wild 1 1/2 year old.  



  
I am a total imposter in the blog world, but I snuck in somehow, and I'm loving every minute of it. 
My blog is full of posts on fashion, awesome Before & Aftersfaithfood, and family




I also make the occasional headband, or two.  


You can take a peek at my Etsy Shop- Paisley or Polkadots



Okay, now on with the Tutorial:
I have fallen in love with all the fun Christmas crafts I've been seeing.  The one I'm showing you today is the yarn wreath.  It is so easy and CHEAP.  If you are a family that is struggling with money right now, this is a great gift that anyone will love and it is easy on the pocketbook.  This entire project cost me less than $7.  I had to buy felt, yarn, and the wreath.  I had the hot glue, thread, and needle. 

Here is what you need:
Wreath form (I used a foam wreath and it worked beautifully)
Yarn 
felt
glue
embellishments for your flowers

Step 1:  Wrap the yarn around the wreath making sure to cover the entire wreath and leave nothing peeking out.  



Whew, that part is DONE!  Now, onto the flowers... the fun part!

I'm going to show you two easy flowers to make.  I stitch mine together, but I know a lot of people glue them.  I want to make sure they don't fall apart on me, so I use thread and a needle.  Both cheap, both easy to use.  

Step 2:  Create the flowers

I cut circles of different sizes, stacked them, and sewed them.  I added an embellishment at the end. 





I like my flowers to have some dimension, so I stitch the opposite sides of the flower together (I run my needle and thread under the embellishment).  You can see how I do it in the following pictures.  I do it to one side, and then stitch the other two sides together.  



And, I'm done with that flower.  Easy enough, right?



Next, I'm doing a rosette flower with felt.  Cut your felt in a circle, making the outside edge ruffly like a flower would be.  Then cut the spiral as shown below, leaving the center as a small circle so you can cover the bottom of the flower when finished.



Begin by rolling the flower and gluing every so often.  At the end, you will use the center part of the circle you cut (that should be in the shape of a circle) and glue it to the bottom to cover the bottom of the flower.



Ta-da!!!  I think the pictures probably explain better than my words.  My sleep-deprived brain doesn't always explain things well.  



Next, I arrange all the flowers I made and decide how I want them to look on the wreath.  



Once I have that figured out, I hot glue them to my wreath and finish by gluing embellishments to the center of my flowers.  




What do you think???  It sounds like a lot of work, but seriously... it's not! 

Thank you so much, Mel for letting me post with the Cantelmo Family!!!  
xxLiz 


Sumo's Sweet Stuff












 Creating Christmas at The Girl Creative

Tip Junkie handmade projects



Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 21, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Francisca said...

Hello following you from Friday Blog hop.


Francisca
http://mommywirepr.com

 
At November 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger AubrieAnne said...

I love the DIY projects. Thanks for the ideas and I'll have to come and look at your etsy account. I've been thinking about getting one for myself here.

Also, to the host, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and following!

AubrieAnne
http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/

 
At November 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Vicky said...

That is so pretty and this was a great tutorial. I am a new follower visiting from The Girl Creative. Vicky from Mess For Less

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home