This Page

has been moved to new address

Hope

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Hope

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hope

Source: polyvore.com via Jeni on Pinterest

Hope. Where did you go?

There are days like today when I wonder why we continue to stay put. Even though we make efforts to move forward.
God keeps us where we are.
He shuts a door. 

Sometimes I am at peace with it.
Sometimes I wonder when our prayers will get answered.
I feel blessed that our only prayer right now is for Anthony to find a job. Life could be worse.
 It doesn’t change that this time for us is scary.
I don’t want to lose hope.
It’s hard when I don’t keep my focus on Him.
There are days when I have to hand my dreams back to Him.
My dream where I would be a stay at home mom, my husband would have a good job with normal hours, we didn’t worry about money and I would have a weekly cleaning lady.
Last night, I was praying and reminded to hand my dreams back to Him.
My plans aren’t His plans.
Last night I wanted to remind Him what my plans were.
Then I prayed that we would follow His plan for our lives.
Sigh. So not easy for me.

Anthony and I were talking about how this period of time has been the most challenging time for us. 
But it has brought us closer together and closer to Him.
I am hoping that after this season, we will have clarity about how this was all part of His wonderful plan for our lives.

Do you ever have days where you lose hope?
It’s so easy in our world where we have so much stuff.
So many luxuries.
I just need to slow down and think about all that He has given me.
He is my hope and I shouldn’t need any more. 

Psalm 25:5 (NIV)

Guide me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are God my Savior, 
and my hope is in you all day long.

Mommy of Two Little Monkeys




Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Dea said...

When I read your post I thought of this blog I read this morning.

I thought you might be encouraged by Sarah's story today at http://www.sarahmarkley.com/2011/11/grace-for-the-powerful/
if you haven't read it. Her life changed and she struggles, but she is real about it all.

I am sorry that it is such a struggle. I know God will be faithful because you are looking to him.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Renee@LivingLaughingLoving said...

So sorry you are going through a tough time! It is so true though that our tough times are when we lean on God the most and grow closet to His heart!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Hi, Melanie. Hope was my word for this year and this morning, as I read over Jeremiah 29:11-14, I realized that I have not been a good steward of hope. Thank you for this. It speaks to my heart tonight.

 
At November 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Ashley Blunt said...

I know it is so hard, but you are strong :) God will take care of you like He has been and in His time there will be a perfect job for Anth :) Love you!

 
At November 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Allison of A Farmgirl's View said...

Hi there I'm visiting from the Titus Tuesdays link. I want to encourage you that God is using you and the circumstances you are in to bring glory to himself through the tough times. I have been there, my husband went without work for 5 yrs it was a real struggle, but God provided every step of the way, and we had opportunity to minister to others through it as well.
I am also a working mom who longs to come back home, but I know God is filling in where I think there are gaps. Be encouraged sister. God sees you, loves you and is using you to speak through others.
-Allison

 
At November 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Musings by Robert said...

There is an old song: "Through it all, Through it all, I learned to trust in Jesus."
Sometimes when times seem hard, we only need to find someone else who has a worse time than us. We went through many difficult times, but God saw us through it all. May Doors open that seemed to be closed!!

 
At November 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Thanks so much for the follow! Stopping by to follow back. Love your blog!! Sorry you guys are going through a rough time. My husband and I have been on a roller coaster past couple of years as well with jobs. It was him first....now me. Just got to have hope and faith. God will get you guys through this rough time and you and your husband will be stronger!!

Katie @ Glamorous Without the Guilt
glamorouswithouttheguilt.blogspot.com

 
At November 15, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger theolivetree said...

so true...our plans are not his plans ;) Lovely post!

 
At November 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Kelly K. said...

What an amazing and lovely blog.
Thanks for linking up with my Let's Get Hoppin' Blog Hop, hope you made some friends and will come back next week.
I am now following you back:)

 
At November 15, 2011 at 6:36 PM , Blogger AmberFaith said...

Hello! I'm following you from the Flock Together blog hop. Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get the chance! Hope you have a good rest of the week! (:

Best,
Amber @ Beautifully BellaFaith
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

 
At November 15, 2011 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Mikki said...

A beautiful illustration of what we should do when we're overwhelmed. Just saturate yourself in Him. To everything there is a season.

Thanks so much for joining Flock Together today and for following Mom’s Best Nest . I am now your happy follower and look forward to reading your posts.

 
At November 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Shanda said...

Oh Melanie. Don't lose heart. I also have prayers I have prayed for a long time and sometimes wonder why God isn't answering them. Yet, we have to have faith that His will will be done in His time. It is a matter of trust. If I don't choose faith daily, I too can fall into hopelessness and that is a terrible place to be. Praying faith over you as I write.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home