This Page

has been moved to new address

Let them eat cake

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Let them eat cake

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let them eat cake

Today Grace and I decided to bake a cake
This cake is appropriately named “The Brie” after one of my best friends who gave me the recipe years ago, Brie
This is Brie. Isn't she beautiful? 

“The Brie” has been a family favorite for years
Enjoy!

First set your oven to 350 degrees
Next gather your ingredients:
5 eggs, 2 sticks of butter, 16 oz of sour cream, 1 cake mix (any kind), 2 pudding mixes (any kind), frosting (I like cream cheese) and any mix ins you may like (we like butterscotch chips).

Grace is my big helper today
she is going to start by washing her hands


Then put two sticks of butter in a bowl
Melt it completely and set it aside
(Do not put the butter and eggs together or you'll cook your eggs)

Then we crack our eggs and mix them up

Next comes the sour cream
Grace loves mixing!

Once the sour cream and the eggs are mixed up really well
You can add your butter

Even Luke got to "help"

Next our dry ingredients 
Add your cake mix 

Then add your two pudding mixes
(do not follow the directions on the cake or the pudding)

Then add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients 

Grease your bunt pan and pour the cake batter in
I usually add butterscotch chips too 
Put the cake in your oven and set your timer for 60 minutes

Now who wants to clean my dishes 
while I wait for the cake to bake?

It's ready!

Flip it over and voila! 

This is one thing that I do because it is extra fattening!

Get your yummy frosting and melt it!

Pour that frosting all over that cake
Can you tell The Cantelmo girls love our frosting?

Go ahead and dive in
Olivia loves it!

Grace loves it too!



Photobucket

Blog Hops Everyday and A Mommy's Blog Design Studio Friday Blog Hop


Stuff and Nonsense

Weekend Bloggy Reading



Tip Junkie handmade projects

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At November 3, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Ashley Blunt said...

I think the Blunt girls will like this too :) Love it!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Xenia said...

Okay, my mouth is definitely watering! YUM!

Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday, have a great weekend!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

MMMMMMMMMM, that looks so good!! Your little helper is a cutie!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Blogger The Cantelmo Family said...

Thank you so much everyone :)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 12:26 AM , Blogger Lindsey V said...

Oh my word! This sounds awesome! I am TOTALLy pinning this! Heehee!!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 4:37 AM , Blogger Sarah B. said...

Your kids are adorable!! And that cake looks really delicious :)

 
At November 4, 2011 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Stuff and Nonsense said...

such fun to concoct goodies
in the kitchen
especially with an adorable helper
or two

this looks yummy

thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

alison

 
At November 4, 2011 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Pidg said...

Holy Cow that looks yummy! I love baking with the kids..but I'm horrible at getting pics of it!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Mom Fashion World said...

She's a good cook...
Your kids are adorable.

By the way, I'm your newest follower via GFC from the Friday Blog Hop.
Please feel free to visit my blog. Looking forward to seeing you there, and would love a follow back. Thanks!

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

 
At November 4, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Blogger April said...

So cute! My 4 year old daughter loves to help me in the kitchen. I better get as much help as I can from her now before her social life gets to busy... LOL.

Hi! Thank you so much for following my blog! I am returning the favor. If you are ever interested in a Blog Makeover please take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. I hope you have an awesome day!

April
A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
Review and Giveaway Blog Directory

 
At November 5, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Yummy Mummy said...

oh my goodness, you are just the cutest little family! Your daughter reminds me of my 4 year old little girl :)
I"m so happy to be your newest follower via serenity now. I hope you'll come say hi at http://www.yummymummyktichen.com
Cheers fellow baking mama :)

 
At November 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous best pre workout supplement 2012 said...

Oh My It melts my mouth it looks delicious..

 
At November 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Megan said...

New follower from http://realadventuresfromamomof3.blogspot.com/, would love a follow back. I love gaining new followers, and feel free to check out my giveaways.

 
At November 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Jewelsy said...

Hi, I'm a new follower! Could you follow me back? I am a newbie, but already hooked. LOL, I love blogging!

http://christiangirlygirls.blogspot.com/

 
At November 9, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Loy said...

Grace is adorable. Take it from this ole grandma, now is the the time to let her start to cook when she thinks it is fun. I let all my kids "help" cook when they were quite young and they all could do complete meals by the time they were teens. I have a son in his 40's who is not married. Did he need to learn to cook? Yes, he did. I am going to be looking around your blog. Have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home