This Page

has been moved to new address

A little of this and a little of that

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A little of this and a little of that

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A little of this and a little of that

A little about me and my favorite shops!

For those of you who don’t know me
My name is Melanie 
I live in sunny Arizona with my husband, two daughters, one son and two mischievous poodles.
It's almost impossible to get a family picture of all of us.
You can learn more about me and why I blog over here.

  
Interesting facts about me:

I am Canadian. Born in Canada and moved to Arizona when I was 7 turning 8 years old. I am still Canadian.
I tried becoming American and I was rejected.
Seriously? How can I get rejected?
Well, my dad became a US citizen two weeks before I turned 18 years old. When I applied to become a citizen, “they” thought I already was one, but when I try to go back to Canada and come back to the US “they” think I am Canadian. 
I am lost somewhere in between.
One day I hope to become a citizen. One day.


I have been married for only 19 months.
I had my two girls before I got married and my son 11 months after I got married.
I didn’t do things right, but God is a redeeming God.
He makes all things new.
I am allowing Him to use my mistakes to give hope to other women in my situation.


I am a people person. I love to talk, meet new people, 
and hear their stories. 
I love being with people, doing activities, and sharing life together. 
As much as I love being with people, I also love being alone.
I need alone to rejuvenate.



Certain foods and textures give me the heebie jeebies.
I can clean up the grossest things that come out of my 
children’s bodies but certain foods 
can make me completely sick to my stomach.
I can’t stand eating anything off the bone.
I hate fish but I love veggie sushi rolls.



I am a pro nursing mom. I nursed my first for over a year. With my second two, I failed at nursing. With Olivia, I went back to work at 6 weeks and would freeze up every time I tried to pump at work. With Luke, I nursed him all the time but he kept losing weight. Once we switched him to a special formula, he gained weight and did much better. I felt like such a failure.


I am super sensitive and I have ADD. Most days, I am all over the place. I try to keep to a schedule or a plan but I often get distracted. My husband can’t stand how often I run late. The only routine that I seem to keep in place is getting the kids to bed and down for their naps.



I’ll share some more interesting facts about me another time. Leave a comment and let me know something interesting about you!


I don’t have an Etsy shop. I don’t plan on selling anything.
I am kind of crafty but I am not a perfectionist, so opening a shop would not be a good idea.
Since I don’t have anything to sell, 
I want to share with you some of my favorite Etsy shops!

This is my sister-in-law Ashley’s shop.
I love everything she makes.
She is so crafty, talented and hard working.
She always comes up with cute bow ideas 
and she has a great sense of style.
She is beautiful inside and out.
She is a blessing to so many people. I love her so much.


I love Kristi’s style and all her signs are so cute.
She is great about getting your order out quickly and she is great about communicating with you.
She made me this one for me and I love it!!!


I could by everything in Tiffany’s shop.
Tiffany has such an amazing heart and a great story.
I wish I could just buy all of Tiffany’s signs.
Love them!

I fell in love with Brittany’s “I’ll Love You Forever” sign that I found on Pinterest. Then I headed over to her shop and fell in love with everything else. You need to check it out!

This is my all time favorite kids clothes shop on Etsy.
I haven’t bought anything from her yet because I am not allowed buy anything right now (LOL). But as soon as my hubby gets a job, I want to get my kids cute coordinating outfits from Laken and Lila. I just can’t get enough!!

Thank you so much for popping by my blog.
Grab a diet coke and stay awhile!!
And don't forget to enter my giveaway!


Photobucket

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At November 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Katie Boatright said...

Im allready a follower but im here from followers fest, you have a beautiful family!

 
At November 24, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Visiting via followers fest! We have a lot in common! I just weaned my little girl at 18 months, kinda hard on me :( New follower of your blog :)

 
At November 25, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Blogger ♥Priiincesss said...

Hey Doll, thanks for stopping by my blog and for following!! Your blog is super cute, I'm following you via GFC, Twitter, bloglovin and I added your linky button to my linky parties list!!!

Also your is absolutely beautiful family :)

♥Priiincesss
http://www.ltf.styleofalifetime.com/

 
At November 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger 5ohWifey said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger 5ohWifey said...

Yay for followers fest! I'm a new follower. Can't wait to get to know one another more!

 
At November 25, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Kel said...

What a beautiful family you have! Thanks for stopping by Between the lines. I am following you back!

 
At November 26, 2011 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

what an adorable family!! i'd love for you to stop by www.thelovelypoppy.com and check out some of the new tutorials and the giveaway going on. xoxo nicole

 
At November 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

Love this intro to you! I am stopping by from The Wiegand's and I'm a new follower of your great blog. Looking forward to reading along. Have a great Sunday!

 
At November 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

i didn't know you were related to Ashley!!! I love her blog, too! :) i'm going to check out that kid's clothing shop now...

 
At November 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Alison said...

You are super cute and funny. I know what you mean about being ADD and trying to get things done; I think that's why I am so laid back otherwise I'd cry all the time that I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to.

 
At December 4, 2011 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Erin said...

you are too cute! i love your heart and your honesty! :) i would love to swap buttons, i think we talked about it via comments a while ago!

XO
erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home