This Page

has been moved to new address

Mod Podge Frame

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Mod Podge Frame

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mod Podge Frame

With Anthony being out of work for the past 6 months,
Christmas is going to be a bit of a challenge.
I still want to give nice gifts; I just need to be frugal.
I thought it would be fun to make picture frames this year as Christmas gifts.
I went over to Michael’s and bought wooden frames.
I also bought some fun jewels.
I already had Mod Podge, paint and paper
So I saved some money there!!
The best part, the frames were only $1!
The jewels were only $2
What a deal!

While Grace was at school I decided to do a practice run.
When Grace gets home, she wants to help make a frame for her teacher! I am so excited because she loves to do crafts.

Supplies:
·      Frame
·      Paint
·      Mod Podge
·      Paper
·      Paint Brush
·      Sponge Brush
·      Mod Podge roller thingy (I didn’t have one so mine turned out bumpy)
·      Jewels
·      Nail file
·      Hot glue gun

 First paint your frame and let it dry




Once your paint is nice and dry trace your frame onto your paper and cut it out


 Next use a sponge brush to put the Mod Podge onto your frame



 Then lay your paper onto your frame
 If you have a roller thingy, now is the time to roll it over your frame to get the bubbles out
 I don’t know what I did with my roller thing, so unfortunately mine has bubbles
Can you see them?
I am going to have to buy a roller thing so I can get those bubbles out for the next frame


Then let it dry
Or if you are super impatient like me, go ahead and put the top coat of Mod Podge on top


 Once the topcoat dries
Use the nail file to even out the edges 
Now you can glue a pretty jewel down
So fun!
 Jewels make things so much more fun!


 I added a printable from here



Hope yours turns out better than mine!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway!


The Shine Project



Growing Home


Photobucket





Days of Chalk and Chocolate
{Junk in their Trunk}


Photobucket

Photobucket

>
Link Party
Totally Inspired Tuesdays

Tickled Pink at 504 Main




Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At November 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Ashley @ It's Fitting said...

This is a great idea! I bet I could make some cute ones and give my family framed pictures of me :-) They'd love it! Stopping by from the blog hop!

 
At November 16, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

It turned out awesome. I already have most of the supplies so all I have to get is the frames. Such a great idea for Christmas presents that I need to for sure make.

 
At November 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Ashley Blunt said...

Awesome job mel!! Love it :)

 
At November 17, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Blogger AudreyLinden said...

So cute!!! We need to do a craft when we come to visit!

 
At November 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous frames for photos said...

This one is truly looking just superb! As the existing contents and features are extremely looking just most promising about to get this type of stunning photo frame. I am really impressed to see this one. Thanks for sharing some of most glorious featured post about it.

 
At November 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Kristen @ Confessions of a GDS said...

Hi Melanie! I love this idea, what a fabulous tutorial! I'm thinking of making everyone's Christmas gifts this year, this would be perfect! :)

 
At November 18, 2011 at 12:18 PM , Anonymous Megan @ The Crafty Conundrum said...

Turned out great! So simple, but pretty -I love it. Thanks for sharing. Saw you over at Home Savvy's Freshmen Friday.

 
At November 18, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Tenille said...

What a cute frame. I love the paper you got. What a great gift idea and its super cute and as a bonus it is cheap. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-it-up-wednesday-3.html

 
At November 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

I love love love the paper you used! It looks fantastic! So chic! Could you link it up to my party to show it off?

http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2011/11/latest-and-greatest-friday-6-and.html

 
At November 19, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Jacinda @ Growing Home said...

I can't believe somethings so beautiful was so cheap to make! You did a beautiful job!

 
At November 20, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I would love to get this as a gift! I have got to stop by the craft store and pick up some frames like this. I have never used Mod Podge, but I really want to give these a try! I love the paper you used and the jewel! I stumbled this!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Tiaras & Bow Ties - Think Smink said...

I absolutely love the idea and the paper you used! What an amazing gift for someone to recieve!

I'd be honored to have you stop by my blog and link up to my link party! I love your frame!
http://tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-thanksgiving-ai-by-you-linkie.html

 
At November 22, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

Wrapping paper?!?! Brilliant! I always see these frames at Michaels and want to buy them since they're so cheap, but I'm scared whatever I do will turn out like, well, a kiddy craft. But this proves it all wrong! Thank you for making my xmas shopping a little easier!

 
At November 22, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Blogger KelliB said...

This is so cute! What a great way to make a personal picture frame! I would love for you to share this at Totally Inspired Tuesdays at The Inspired Collection.

Kelli
www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home