This Page

has been moved to new address

Olivia

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Olivia

Friday, November 11, 2011

Olivia

Unexpected Peace
Five minute Friday

Write for 5 minutes straight
No editing
Word: Unexpected




Go
When I found out I was pregnant. It was completely unexpected. Anthony and I had only been dating a short time. We were afraid. Being pregnant and not married. This would be detrimental to Anthony’s ministry and he would need to step down.

The time was challenging and we ended up breaking up. I trusted in God but was afraid.
How can I be a single mom to two girls? I had a job but money was tight. I had to trust God.

We were both repentant but didn’t think a relationship would work out. We went to counseling so we could co-parent together. There were times where we were kind of together and times where we were kind of apart.

Just because we were repentant didn’t mean we reconciled. The shame of the unexpected pregnancy tore us apart.

Anthony was there with me through the majority of my doctor’s appointments while I was pregnant with Olivia and sometimes he would take me out to lunch after. The day I was to be induced, he picked me up at my house and took me to the hospital. He stood by myself throughout the entire labor and birth. He wanted to be involved in every little bit of her life.

When we were in the hospital together after having our little Olivia. We started to fall in love. Falling in love with Anthony was completely unexpected.

God gave us unexpected peace.
Stop










Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At November 11, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I really appreciate how honest this post is. What a sweet story! It's so unique to you. I love it. :)

www.jessicakutok.blogspot.com

 
At November 11, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

What a great post and what a beautiful family you have!!

Thanks for linking up to the Mingle With Us Blog Hop. I'm following you back now. :)

 
At November 11, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Style Outside The Box said...

Just stopping by to say Hi and we love reading your blog! Would you be interested in a swap!

styleoutsidethebox.com!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Persuaded said...

What an absolutely beautiful story... and what a beautiful little family you have! Praying God's blessing upon you today:)

 
At November 11, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Three's 4 Me said...

Wow what an awesome theme! And what a great story! God works in such mysterious ways! Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home