This Page

has been moved to new address

Faith

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Faith

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Faith

Source: etsy.com via Krista on Pinterest

Trying to have faith

Tonight my husband and I were talking about our current situation.
If we aren’t careful, the subject can get heated because we are both fearful of the future. My husband lost his job in June, just after my 3rd child was born.
In two months; unemployment will run out, our mortgage will go up and we will need to catch up on the many bills that we are behind on. Oh and I don’t even want to think about Christmas.

I constantly have to hand over my fear to God. I have to cast my cares upon Him. I have to give this back to Him many times throughout the day because my sinful self wants to control this situation.

I know many people are out of work and job security isn’t so secure anymore. But sometimes I just want to question God, “Why us? Haven’t we been through enough? Did you forget about us?” On the other hand, I feel selfish even thinking this way because so many people have it so much harder than we do. We are so blessed.

I guess this is a process that God has me on. A process of trusting Him, needing Him and relying on Him throughout this journey. This is one of those times where my faith is tested.

It’s one thing losing a job when there is hope to move on to the next one. But there aren’t many opportunities right now. It’s a scary time. And we have a family, three kids, and two dogs. Did God not realize this? Couldn’t the other guy lose his job? You know, the guy that doesn’t have a wife and kids.

When my thoughts start to torment me and I know I need to remind myself of God’s truth.
God provides for us and meets our needs. I am thankful for that. It doesn’t change that our situation feels scary and my faith is tested. I want our lives to be easy, but I know life isn’t easy. Life doesn’t go the way that I planned it. I have to trust God that He has wonderful plans for our life. His ways are better than our ways.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Matthew 7:7-11 (NIV)
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
 9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
When Anthony first lost his job, I prayed that God would provide him a job. Now I pray that God would help me to trust in His plan for our family. That Anthony and I would have a stronger faith in the Lord. That our family would grow closer together and closer to God. That we would go to Him with our cares, worries and fears.
I have faith that God will get us through this season.   
Psalm 34:8 (NIV)
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.




Photobucket

Labels:

7 Comments:

At November 3, 2011 at 3:58 AM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Praying for you! We've been through a lot as well where all we can do is just lean on God because nothing else makes any sense. He is always with you and will provide in some way.

 
At November 3, 2011 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Hang in there, I'm right in the same place! It's so hard to trust and have faith when things seem so upside down and unfair and it seems like the people around you have it so easy. Everyday I have to remind myself that God is teaching me and leading me, that this is good and not as bad as I think. Hard, right?

 
At November 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

wow! I will say a prayer for your family (no really, i WILL pray for you... tonight). I can't imagine what you are feeling. I stay at home with my two kids and I know my hubby stresses about providing, but I also know that we are following God's written word for our family and that He will provide.

God Bless.

 
At November 3, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger kinze said...

oh this is so good ... love your faith in Him .. coming from casey's link up!

 
At November 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

Sounds like a really tough situation! I would be having a hard time not stressing, too! So glad you're attempting to put your faith in God... He is in control! Thanks for such an honest, from the heart post!

 
At November 4, 2011 at 12:30 AM , Blogger Lindsey V said...

Oh, reaching through the screen to hug your heart tonight...believing with you for a greater measure of His grace, His mercy, and His provision.

 
At November 5, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger tinuviel said...

My heart and prayers go out to you. May the Lord provide abundantly for your family, need by need, and strengthen your trust in Him. May He also specifically provide for your dogs to stay with your family.

Grace to you in Jesus, Melanie.

(Came by from Ann's list)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home