This Page

has been moved to new address

To party or not to party?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: To party or not to party?

Thursday, November 10, 2011

To party or not to party?


What are your thoughts on Birthday parties?

Now that I have three kids the idea of Birthday parties overwhelms me.
Throwing them.
Buying all the items for the party.
Getting all the endless amounts of toys that the kids don’t need.

Don’t get me wrong I love parties.
I’m just debating if I should keep Birthday parties small, rather than going over the top?

What's your experience?

For Grace I have always done a party every other year.
Her 1st Birthday we had a party in the park.
Her 2nd we had a small family gathering.
Her 3rd we went to Chuck E Cheese.
Her 4th we went to Girly Girlz with her two best friends.
Her 5th we had a party at Peter Piper Pizza.
And her 6th we took her best friend to Makutu's Island. We had the best time at Makutu's Island and I wasn't stressed at all. It was just Grace and Faithlyn having a blast together. 










Can you tell that the girls had a great time?

Grace knows that this is her year to have a big party and she is already planning it.
A Justin Bieber birthday party!
I am trying to talk her into having one of those fun one on one birthday parties with a good friend.
What are your thoughts?
What do you do for your kids?



Philippians 4:4 (NIV)
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!






Photobucket

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At November 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Parties ALL the way! I also have three children and I do something for each one of them every year. You can look at "My parties" Tab and you'll see. And on a budget..everything I get from the thrift store or make it myself, etc. I had a birthday party for every of my birthdays and those are the sweetest memories I have from growing up. I want to give the same gift to my children :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun. I do tend to go all out for birthdays - huge parties, presents, and tons of cake, but now that I have 2, I'm not sure that I'm going to continue with it. Their birthdays are less than a month apart, so it will be a lot of planning and celebrating in a short period of time. I still have a while to decide though.

Thanks for visiting my site! Now following you by GFC and email!

 
At November 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Catie said...

I used to have parties when I was growing up. They were usually at my house and we just played and had cake. If you want to have a party, just don't feel like you need to go over the top. Kids should just have fun being together and playing a few games.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Jess said...

with addox we just have immediate family and then close friends with kids that he plays with. he doesn't like a lot of people and it keeps it stress-free that way. he has a lot more fun.

 
At November 10, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

How fun!! I love parties... I do parties every year for the kiddos. Usually I don't stress until they're over... during the party my body goes into survival mode! :0)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Lisa @ MMT said...

Parties are great, but if you aren't up for one, a little celebration can be special too. As long as it includes cake :)

 
At November 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Eliza Kay said...

New follower from Mingle Us Blog Hop.

I'd love it if you visited and considered a follow back:)

http://elizakprints.blogspot.com/

 
At November 10, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Kim@Chubby Cheeks Thinks said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!The girls are too adorable! I love all the pics! Good luck on the bday party! :)

Kim
http://www.chubbycheeksthinks.com

 
At November 10, 2011 at 9:22 PM , Blogger AbsoluteMommy said...

A Justin Bieber bday party??? Can I come? LOL. We have HUGE parties because we have a huge family. I would love to scale it back, but then it would hurt some feelings. Last year Caitlin had 3 parties! Over the top to say the least.
I say party it up with her now, because as soon as the teenage years hit, she's going to want friends only... Well maybe not, but it will be more about friends, slumber parties, and secrets about boys. Live it up! Parties make great memories!
Thanks for stopping by Absolute Mommy today!
Megan

 
At November 10, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Aw Birthday parties overwhelm me sometimes too! BUT I only have one ;) I think that Birthdays are so special and each one should be celebrated big!

A Justin Bieber party sounds perfect! How cute

 
At November 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

I just read your guest post. LOVED it! It was just what I needed to hear.

Thank you for posting the link to the Blogging Upside Down thing... I had never read that before. It was great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home