This Page

has been moved to new address

Worn out momma

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Worn out momma

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Worn out momma


Source: etsy.com via Anna on Pinterest






Patience. Rest.


Ever since I have become a momma. My main prayers for myself are to have patience with my kids and to get rest.
Guess what? Most of the time I am tired and impatient.
I want to rely on me.
He reminds me to rely on Him.

Today was one of those days where I needed to rely on Him a whole lot!
Last night I was up every few hours with Olivia. She had a bad cough and kept waking up. I tried to calm her down and ended up bringing her into our room. No matter how sick Olivia is, if I bring her into my bed she starts jumping on the bed.
Last night she kept saying, “Hi Momma, Hi dada! Momma nice, Dada nice, Momma night night, Dada night night.”

This morning Grace woke me up.
We all slept in.
Racing to get everything ready for school, I realized today I had planned to clean my mom’s house.
With Anthony being out of work every once and awhile I will clean my mom’s house and run some errands for her. This blesses both of us, she comes home to a clean house and I earn some money!

I woke up Anthony and told him that he will have to watch one of the kids so I could clean my mom’s house. Anthony reminded me that he got some extra hours at the cigar shop today to do some inventory and I would need to take the kids with me.
I told him not to worry and ask him if it is okay to take his car, since my car didn’t have any gas in it.

I got all the kids into Anthony’s car.
Dropped Grace off at school late.
Grabbed a bagel to share with Olivia and away we went.
The kids were great on the 40 minute long drive to my mom’s house. I started to think that the day was going to go in a better direction that I thought.

Once I made it to Scottsdale, Anthony calls me. His manager wants Anthony to work tonight not this morning.
I make sure to tell Anthony how bummed I am that we won’t get to spend time together this evening and how annoyed I was that he couldn’t watch the kids today while I cleaned.

I pull into my mom’s driveway and get the kids out.
I go to open her door and realize I left the keys to her house at home.
I call my mom over and over.
Luke starts crying and Olivia starts the toddler whine.

My in laws live 15 miles from my mom, so I decided to head over there while I wait to hear from my mom.   
Thankfully Anthony decides to meet at his parents’ house to bring me my mom’s key and help me out.
I end up braking down. I started to cry as I told Anthony how worn out I have been, how tired I was, and how bad I felt that I wasn’t able to get my mom’s house clean (let alone our house clean).
Anthony was so sweet and just listened. He didn't try to fix it all, he just listened and that was what I needed.
I decided to head back to my mom's to clean her house. 

When I arrived at my mom’s house, I noticed that my step dad was there. I went in to say hi and he tells me that he has a bad case of the stomach flu. I dropped off their dry cleaning and jetted out before I caught the evil virus.

On my way home I started praying. I needed God to take my load because I no longer could carry all this stress on my own. I needed extra patience with my kids today because I was so exhausted. I needed rest and the rest that I need is the rest that I can only get from Him.

Source: Uploaded by user via April on Pinterest

Even though today didn’t work out as I planned.
God used it for His good.
The lesson that He continues to teach me over and over again:
I need to trust in Him, trust His plan, go to Him for my needs and rely on Him.

So tonight when Olivia had a meltdown at dance because I wouldn’t buy her a Gatorade and Luke spit up all over the ground everywhere. 
I was a little less frazzled and more patient because I relied on Him. 




Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 23, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

Thanks for stopping by, and for joining NOBH. I look forward to getting to know the Cantelmo's. =)

I've been having one of those weeks too. God bless you!

 
At November 23, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger P31Mom1980 said...

I love this post because I see myself in it. God bless you for sharing and encouraging other "worn out" mommas!

 
At November 24, 2011 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Lovin' that last bit from Pinterest along with your post. Dad has got our back, doesn't He!

By His Grace,
Lisa

www.moretobe.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home