This Page

has been moved to new address

The Beanie Project

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: The Beanie Project

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Beanie Project

Every once and awhile I find something that touches my heart. I pray that it would inspire you just like it inspired me.
Last night I was surfing the Internet and I came across this blog called The Beanie Project.
When I read The Beanie Project’s mission statement I knew I had to help spread the word:

At Be Wee, we believe in giving back. Our beanies are always made in pairs- for every beanie we sell, one is given to a little girl in the hospital. We know a beanie can not heal any diseases, or make a little girl's hospital stay any shorter, but it can bring a smile to her face.

If your beanie is being worn by a healthy girl, please remember to say a little prayer for the girl who was given the other beanie. You can even post a "get well soon" message for her on this blog.

Thank you for helping us brighten a little girl's day!

The Beanie Project reminded me to make a difference. It reminded me of my trip to the hospital with Luke and the nurse sharing with me about the little girl who was having a hard time losing her hair from chemo. It reminded me of Kate and Lucy, two sweet girls I pray for who are fighting for their lives.
It reminded me how I want to show my children how it is far better to give than to receive.
It made me want to buy a bunch of those beanies and head straight to our local children’s hospital and give them to sweet little girls who are fighting for their lives.
Right away I e-mailed CaryAnn the owner of Be Wee and asked if I could share this on my blog. She said of course and she shared with me a little of her story.
CaryAnn was previously a fashion designer who chose to give up her career to be a stay at home mom. She created Be Wee to have a creative outlet. 
CaryAnn doesn’t just make beanies, she makes beautiful headbands, hair clips and jewelry. I already have a few favorites! 

You can check out Be Wee shop here.
You can check out her blog here.
You can check out her facebook page here.
Please help spread the word.

Love,

Photobucket

Glamorous Without the Guilt





Photobucket

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Ashley at flats to flip flops said...

Thanks for sharing...I LOVE finding companies like these that give back!!
Ashley:)
www.flatstoflipflops.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home