This Page

has been moved to new address

Embrace the face

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Embrace the face

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Embrace the face

I never felt pretty until after I had Grace. I was never very comfortable in my skin. I was always down on myself.
Once I hit High School I started feeling better about myself because I learned how to make myself look presentable. Even with looking better, I never felt good about myself. I compared myself to the other girls. They always seemed so much prettier. I never felt good enough.  In the culture we live in, it’s so easy to compare ourselves to others women. I always feel like someone looks prettier than me or does their hair or make up better than I do. I am slowly learning to love the person God made me to be, my face and all.
In college, I went through a phase where I was really down on myself. So much so, that I couldn’t even look in the mirror. One day I realized that this was not the life God called me to live.  I started to do a small exercise (which was a big step for me), as I was looking in the mirror I would say: Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Instead of focusing on how everyone is much prettier than me. I focus on the person God made me. He made me beautiful in my own way. He made others beautiful in their own way. If I saw someone who was beautiful or pretty, I thanked God for the amazing creation He made.
Instead of comparing myself to other’s I try to praise God for His creation. This gives God the glory, not myself or anyone else.
There are many times when I meet someone who doesn’t have a model or movie star look but the beauty that radiate from within them makes them breathtaking.
My desire is that God would soften my heart and I would become more like Him. That way His glory and beauty shines through me.






Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?


Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At December 11, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Megan Berkey said...

Thanks for this post. It takes courage to write this. It took me getting married to begin to realize how damaging my self-image had become. My husband has been so great to walk through this with me.

I began blogging about my struggle and my sweet husband here: http://www.myreply.org/2011/08/better-than-sex.html

Coming over from Life Made Lovely and am your newest follower =)!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 12:40 AM , Blogger Erin said...

We all have gone through moments where we feel this way....it's true that we need to be confident in the person God made us to be! :) You're gorgeous inside and out!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger the hollie rogue said...

such a beautiful reminder! and yes, you are so pretty!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I think this post proves that you are beautiful inside & out :)

Have a wonderful week!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Kristen @ Confessions of a GDS said...

You're beautiful Melanie! :)

 
At December 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Krystyn said...

What a great reminder, and a great verse to say to yourself. I hope out children don't go through this same feeling, but I have a feeling they will. We have to remind them as we always say "you are a beautiful blessing from God!"

Thanks for joining in! I hope you'll link up again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home