This Page

has been moved to new address

Oh random me and the big news

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Oh random me and the big news

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oh random me and the big news

My day today, prayer requests, some big news and some randomness.
I think Anthony may just laugh at this post
because random is just what I am.
Confession: Anthony and I will be having a serious conversation about something and a random thought will cross my mind and I will share it. Maybe it is because I feel safe to share my randomness with him. But he tells me I do that with everyone. Ha. Yes I am random. 

First off a prayer request:
 
My sister Audrey just sent me a text saying that Lila (my niece) broke her arm. They were unable to settle it at the hospital in Nome so they are flying to Anchorage to take her to the Children’s Hospital.
I’m a worrier, so I’ll be worried about Lila until I know more details. And just the idea of them flying makes me feel unsettled. I can’t imagine the pain Lila must be in. Good thing my sister is a nurse.
So tonight I’ll be praying for my sweet little Lila.

Next my Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
I hate complaining on my blog.
But today I must share because yes all moms have these types of days. Even in Australia.
Last night Anthony and I were up all night. I was really sick and running a fever. So rest did not happen.
So lets just say today I didn’t have much patience.
Anthony woke up bright and early to take the van in to get new tires (they were bald and it was scary driving). I raced to get the kids ready so I can get Grace to her occupational therapy appointment. Olivia had a melt down over not having her Minnie Mouse socks and Grace couldn’t figure out what to wear.
I finally get all kids in Anthony’s car.
I try and start the car. It won’t start.
I went to get everyone out of the car and somehow jam my finger into Luke’s car seat creating a major hangnail.

I call to reschedule OT and her therapist decides to discharge Grace because this was our second appointment we cancelled. I wanted to cry because the last appointment we canceled was when Luke was in the hospital. Grace really doesn’t need OT. So I guess I’m fine with it. I just feel guilty canceling on someone and them being mad at me.
Anthony came home we got his car going with the jumper cables. He went over to the car place to buy a new battery and I took Grace to school – over an hour late.
We head home, do laundry and turn back around to take Grace and Olivia to the doctor. Thankfully Grace just had a cold, but poor Olivia had a double ear infection. This explains the massive meltdowns lately.
I also saw the doctor for my infection that has lasted almost a month. Now we are trying a new antibiotic. Crossing my fingers that it’ll work.
I drop Olivia off with Anthony (after she screamed all the way home) and take Grace with me downtown to fill out A LOT of paperwork.
Grace and I were downtown the majority of the afternoon and stuck in some good traffic on our way home. I also decided to stop at the pharmacy to get our medication. Of course we wait forever and of course the lady says there are no prescriptions for us. Then after she checked the messages, faxes and computer she finds them but they won’t be done until later. 
When we got home Olivia and Luke were fussy and Grace was beyond tired.  I was losing my patience.
Ever little thing sets me off. I knew I needed to get in a better place.
After dinner Anthony and I were going through our mail.
He opens up something from unemployment.
It is a letter letting us know that this was our last payment of unemployment.
New tires (b/c mine were bald) $300
New battery $100
Getting gas to drive downtown $50
Losing unemployment -$800 per month
Crying for an hour on my husband’s shoulder – priceless
I love you babe!
So I guess all terrible days end up with a happy ending.


Some news
Remember this post?
Well the reason I drove downtown today to fill out paperwork was because I am going back to work in January.
It is a temporary position covering for my friend who is going on maternity leave.
It is with my old company and I am kind of excited.
I love my director, my supervisor, my co-workers, my clients and the company. So I will be well cared for.
They treated me like a princess while I was pregnant. They are pretty great there.
The downside. I will be away from the kids. I will be driving a ton. And I won’t get a paycheck until the end of January. Which makes us very nervous.
That was part why I had the big cry today.
I know that God takes care of us and He provides.
But it still feels scary that we won’t have any money from now until when I get paid.
It makes me tempted to get one of those paycheck advance type things. I never would because it is such a rip off. But it’s still a temptation.
As you can tell, God didn’t answer our prayers for Anthony to get a job but He answered our prayers in a different way. Not what we wanted. But we will take what we can get at this point.
I’m thankful. (Ok kind of thankful).


Would you mind still praying that Anthony would get a job? He desperately wants to provide for our family. I desperately want to be at home with the kids. I honestly don't mind working temporarily but ideally I would love to be at home.

I am praying that we would just trust in His plan for our life.
His plans are far better than our plans.
It’s not always easy trusting Him when it doesn't make sense. And to be totally honest we are having a hard time trusting Him because it doesn’t make sense.

Something I love
I have lots and lots of stretch marks. I always am apologizing for my stretch marks when I have the big belly and they have to put those thingys on you to listen to the baby. And I’m still apologizing for them now! HA.
Ok, so I don’t love my stretch marks. I do love that my hubby says he loves me with my stretch marks and they don’t bother him. He is so sweet.
Today a friend shared this pin on facebook and I had to share it with you because I am LOVING this quote. And if you have stretch marks I hope it makes you rethink your stretch marks.

 Love you all!
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At December 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Andy and Kiara said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day, my friend! I know those days well. Andy finally got a job last month. It was ONE WEEK before we hit the three year mark since he was laid off. (Not a lot of need for architects in this market!) I have no idea how we made it three years on unemployment and odd jobs. Oh, wait...I know. It was God. :) I will be praying that He provides in amazing ways over the next month. It is a hard road to walk, and I am so glad it's over. But there are blessings in disguise, too, and now I miss those! ;) Hang in there. It WILL get better. In the meantime, having a good cry from time-to-time definitely helps!

 
At December 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM , Blogger {K} said...

Man, sounds like you had a rough day! I'm sorry and hope tomorrow is better!

I'll be praying that your husband finds a job soon!

I love the stretch marks quote. Thanks for sharing. :)

 
At December 22, 2011 at 1:48 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Wow, you really had a day! Sorry to hear about your hardships and frustrations. I hope your little ones are feeling better. I'll pray for your niece and for your husband to find employment. God bless!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 5:28 AM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Praying for you friend! I don't even know what to say except that I understand some of what you're going through. God is so good and He will provide for your every need.

 
At December 22, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Sorry you had such a rough day :( I will be praying for your niece and Anthony's job. Awesome you got a temporary job with people you like to work with! Thats a blessing!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Ashley at flats to flip flops said...

Sending prayers your way Melanie!
Ashley:)

 
At December 22, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Ruby Jean said...

Please know that you are and will be in our Prayers.. Praise Him Through the Storm... Even if someone has to help you lift your hands in Praise.. Blessings Untold to you and yours..

 
At December 22, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

You guys will definitely be in my prayers!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 8:44 AM , Blogger E said...

Oh what a day! As I type this, my car is sitting in the driveway DEAD for the fourth day in a row. Miserable.

Also, I just wanted to encourage you and let you know I'll be praying for your sweet husband to find the PERFECT job in the PERFECT timing. Last Christmas my husband was unemployed and we were expecting our first baby. He went EIGHT months without a job and had MANY disappointments. BUT, when the Lord provided one, it was EXACTLY what we needed (but didn't know it at the time). I also have a heart to be at home with my baby, but for now that isn't in the cards... So I can relate to that!

Thanks for linking up.. .I'm glad I found your blog. Enjoy Christmas and FEEL BETTER!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home