This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful for God's blessings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Thankful for God's blessings

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful for God's blessings

God is so good, God is so good, God is so good
He’s so good to me.
 This week Anthony and I sat going through bills wondering how we were ever going to pay them. We got a letter from our HOA saying they were going to foreclose on our house if we don’t pay them right away. Every month that we got behind on our payment, they charged us $50. Anthony tried to work with them months ago but they weren’t willing to work with us.

We were afraid. We didn’t have enough money to pay the entire bill, our mortgage and all the many other bills that we have.
Yesterday my mom gave us money to cover the HOA. The money was from her friends that heard our story and wanted to bless us.
This morning I went to put pork in the crockpot made by a sweet friend of ours. In the bag was a card and inside the card was enough money to pay all our bills.
I don’t understand it, yet I do understand it. My sweet friend said that they were not expecting the extra money and when they got it, they decided to give it to us. She told me that God had intended the money for our family all along.
My heart is full. God provided for us. Even when we doubted that He would come through for us. All we asked for from Him was a job for Anthony, we didn’t ask for money, or all these extra blessings.
Its amazing God’s plan. We never planned that Anthony would be out of work this long. We never knew that Luke would be in the hospital and that we would struggle to pay our bills. I never expected the blessings that God has given us.
Many of you know my story. I had Grace before I was married. I was a single mom for years. Then I met Anthony; we got pregnant with Olivia before we got married. I felt like a failure because I desperately wanted to do things right this time around. Even with all our mistakes and all the heartache. God choose to take care of us. To draw us closer to Him. To soften our hearts. To change our lives and bless us even when we didn’t follow Him.


I am so thankful for this storm because God is choosing to show us how much He loves us. He is so good, so good to me.  
Don't forget to enter this giveaway!! 


Photobucket

Photobucket




The Fontenot Four

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At December 8, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Catie said...

I have been blessed by your story. Thank you for being open to share your struggles. God is so good. Growing up we had times where money was tight and people shared with us. That is what being a Christian is all about.

 
At December 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Kate said...

This makes me so happy! I've had a few similar blessings happen to me over this week, and it's just so amazing to watch how God takes care of those He loves! I can't wait to hear how He's going to bless you more! It's gonna happen!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

I love how open you are about what God is doing in your life! Not just everyone would flat out say, "We're struggling to pay the bills." it's hard to admit when you're struggling! But here you are, telling us all about it and giving all the glory to God for seeing you through. It's amazing what he's doing for your family. Hugs!!!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

I am so happy that things are going well for you! God will always provide, just in his own timing sometimes. Hope you guys have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, and you'll be in my prayers!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Meg {henninglove} said...

god's grace is amazing!! and what a wonderful story. following him definitely proves to be worthy even though we really don't deserve anything but that is His grace upon us :-)
on a side note I really hate HOAs, boo on them! our HOA is horrible too

 
At December 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Erin said...

This story has the grace of God all over! :) He truly never leaves us, even when we leave Him. He never forgets about us, even when we lose sight of Him. He never stops loving us and providing for us, even when we forget to trust in Him and love Him as we should. That is grace. So happy that He has taken care of you and your sweet family this week. Just shows what a loving God He truly is! :)

 
At December 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Katie said...

What a great post! Thank you for sharing that - God is so good.

 
At December 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

God is so good!!! What an incredible story. I totally agree with all the comments before mine!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Trisha @ clarionwren.com said...

Isn't it amazing how God brings us closest to Him when we need Him most (through the storms)? God is good. :)

 
At December 9, 2011 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Angie said...

This made my heart smile. Seems like you have been blessed with some great people. Hopefully times get easier soon!
You briefly described your story and now I have to find out more on your blog because we have some past similarities.
Best of luck to you and your family.

 
At December 9, 2011 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Kendra said...

What a wonderful story of God's grace. He truly blesses those that trust in him. Thank you for your faith promoting story! I love reading about God's workings in the lives of others, and more importantly that you were able to recognize that it was from God.

 
At December 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Melanie,
Reading your story was life giving to me this morning. You have a way to express God's goodness that feels like a sweet aroma to our hearts. So encouraging to hear of God's goodness to you and your family.
Blanca

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home