This Page

has been moved to new address

A visit to Santa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A visit to Santa

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A visit to Santa

Last week Anthony and I
decided that we needed to take the kids to see Santa.
It was a last minute thing so the kids weren’t dressed up.
And we also decided to have a family dinner.
Anthony and I always come up with these grand plans.
We think it is going to turn out perfect.
Family dinner, enjoying food, laughing and making memories.
Instead usually Luke or Olivia has a dirty diaper (and I hate changing them in those nasty public bathrooms), someone spills their drink, Olivia finishes before everyone else and wants to climb under the table and Grace usually gets upset about something to do with the coloring menu.
So that is how dinner turned out for us and after dinner we said the same thing we always say after every time we try to have a family dinner out. “We need to wait a few more years before we take these kids out to 
dinner again.”
When we got to Santa, there was a long line.
Anthony and I took turns holding Luke and Olivia. Grace made a few friends with the kids behind us. I sang wheels on the bus one too many times. And just as we were next to see Santa Olivia decides to lay flat on the ground because she was done!!
Thankfully those cute little Santa’s helpers have a way with kids and gave Olivia hope that Santa was right around the corner.
When we were taking the picture
I was jumping up and down, making funny faces and being silly to get Olivia to smile. Then Anthony smiles at Olivia and of course she smiles for daddy. The last picture turned out the best!
After that LONG wait to see Santa, I was thinking to myself
what a strange tradition that we wait in a long line to sit on some strange old guys lap, get our picture taken and tell him what we want. Sheesh!!
Oh well, I guess it’s what we do right??
And we survived!!!
Linking here



ruby community

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At December 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Ashley Blunt said...

so cute! I am glad those little elves helped out and made it go by a little quicker :)

 
At December 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Cheeky D said...

We attempted our traditional cousin picture with Santa with no luck. The oldest cousin (3) sat quietly without making eye contact with Santa, the next youngest (20 months) stared at the ground crying, and the youngest (mine 18 months) bolted. Our visit = no picture even taken....lol. I was screaming just take one...I didn't even care if it was just the top of her head as she ran...it was proof we were there as a family! LOL

 
At December 18, 2011 at 12:56 AM , Blogger Lori said...

So sweet! Glad I found you on the 25 Days of Christmas. I'm a new follower. Stop by and follow too if you like. Warm wishes

 
At December 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Laura Railing said...

LOVE your blog!

And I am laughing right now because I am the same exact way with plans. It's always last second that inspiration hits and it's almost never executed as the dreamy plans I imagined either! Such is life with kids though isn't it? :) But oh the memories that are there. If everything went perfectly we wouldn't have *those* stories to tell later right? ;-)

 
At December 18, 2011 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Aw ha ha! :) I loved going with my brothers to visit Santa when I was little! What a fun memory!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home