This Page

has been moved to new address

We are not lucky, we are blessed

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: We are not lucky, we are blessed

Sunday, December 4, 2011

We are not lucky, we are blessed

I’m not going to lie this season has not been easy. Just after I had our youngest baby Luke, my husband lost his job. I never would have thought we would join the millions of families that are unemployed. Anthony (my husband) took a job at a local cigar shop to help pay the bills. It’s not ideal but we are blessed that he even has a job right now.
 Last week Luke had a bad case of croup and was admitted to the hospital for 6 days. Juggling three kids and two dogs while having a little one in the hospital was no easy task. But we made it through, praise God!
 Our biggest worry was Luke getting better; our next biggest worry was Anthony missing an entire week of work. Unfortunately his cigar shop doesn’t offer sick time. So an entire week without pay would leave us unable to pay our bills. Plus driving back and forth to the hospital took a toll on our gas bill. Normally I would be completely stressed but God gave me such a peace about our financial situation. 
Now that we are home and Anthony is back at work. There have been so many amazing ways that God is showing us that He hasn’t forgotten about us.
 Today I was checking out at the grocery store and didn’t realize that my debit card was at home until it was time to pay. I called Anthony asking him to run to the store so we could pay and the lady behind me heard our conversation and said, “Merry Christmas, I’m going to pay for your groceries today.” I was in complete shock! I couldn’t thank her enough for how much she blessed us.

Yesterday I was talking on the phone with Anthony about dinner. I didn’t have time to run to the store and with Luke being so fussy the task seemed overwhelming. We didn’t have enough money to eat out but we didn’t have any groceries in our house. After I hung up the phone, a lady from church called and said she wanted to bring us dinner that night! I was so excited! What blessing to not have to worry about dinner.

Yesterday morning I was talking to my mom about Anthony looking for work and our current financial stress. I almost started to cry because I was so worried about paying our bills when my mom told me a few of her friends were sending her checks to help pay for expenses. I couldn’t believe that anyone would even care to send us money! Especially when money is so tight for everyone.
We also had two different family members give us some money during the week so we wouldn’t have to worry about money while Luke was in the hospital.

Besides these three big blessings that God has given us. There have been many ways that God has provided and taken care of us throughout this time.
I am so thankful for all He is doing in our lives.
I am so excited to bless others like we have been blessed when we are back on our feet.
I can’t thank everyone enough to bless us the way you do
through your comments, prayers, love and support.
 We aren’t lucky; we are richly blessed.
God is so good!
Guess what? I have a new giveaway going on here and another one here.



Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters









Beholding Glory




Labels: , , , , , ,

25 Comments:

At December 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Kate said...

It's so encouraging to hear how God has been providing for your needs! He always comes through, though it usually seems to happen at the last minute, and it just reminds me that the more we suffer on earth, the more we'll be blessed later! I can't believe that lady paid for your groceries!

 
At December 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

How awesome is that. You are truly blessed! Thank you for sharing it with us!!

 
At December 4, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger womanwalkignupright said...

LOVE! I too had a husband out of work for almost 2 years, and he's been working now for 2 years and we're still not on solid ground. But, praise God for His sovereign interjection! He moves peoples hearts and truly reaches down from above! I am so encouraged by finding your blog! Thank you for sharing yourself! If you feel incline, I would love to share myself with you as well! Blessings to you and your family and I will most assuredly be praying for you!

 
At December 4, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

i love seeing how God provides for others. thank you for sharing!!!

 
At December 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Em @ And Nothing Else Matters said...

That's fantastic that you have such an amazing attitude and seeing how blessed you are. Thank you so much for sharing. And thank you for joining in on our Tag-Along Thursday Blog Hop, Em

 
At December 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Erin said...

added your button!! :)

XO
erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

 
At December 4, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Shanda said...

Praying that God does supply your needs far and beyond what you every thought possible. Praying also for a job for your husband.

 
At December 4, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Blogger 5ohWifey said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. I love being reminded of how God is moving and how He is using people to reach out to one another. And you're right: luck has nothing to do with it :-)

 
At December 4, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Jennifer Roth said...

Hello! Stopping by from the (in)courage community. And I thank God that I had the opportunity to read this post. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness and miraculous provision! I rejoice with you. I am out of work and a few people have unexpectedly blessed me with money at just the right time. God knows all our needs! Thanks for sharing.

 
At December 5, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Lily Garay said...

God is good! Jesus is the only one! Isn't it amazing the favor we receive from Him?

 
At December 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous Maribeth said...

You are correct by saying "You are blessed." So many times I hear people say, "I was lucky," and I always remind them, "No, you are blessed." Your story was a great example of how blessed you are, thanks for sharing it. Praying for prosperity and good health for your family.

 
At December 5, 2011 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Things always happen for us (i.e. Peyton's hospitalizations)when we are least financially able to deal with it. It's not the insurance - she's covered and also has medicaid. But it's the eating out when I am with her, the huge gas bill from running back and forth, the loss of income because my husband can't work the 2nd job he works to make ends meet. You have been so richly blessed in so many ways. I am so grateful that God has provided for you during this time. He always provides!

 
At December 5, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous larlee said...

I am so happy for you and your family. These accounts are so beautiful. Just the other day you were thinking of ways to bless others that had a little one in the hospital;and, then you were blessed in many ways. Thanks for sharing. I love reading your post. I have three kiddos,and a hard working hubby too! You are such a beautiful lady-inside and out.

 
At December 5, 2011 at 7:20 PM , OpenID journeytoepiphany said...

God is faithful. It's in the darkest times that God reveals is glorious light.

 
At December 5, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Matthew Kreider said...

Jumped over here from Seedlings in Stone, and I find myself already blessed for the jump. My wife just lost her job last week. Sure, it's December, but there's never a good time for losing a job, is there? We had to pull the kids out of preschool. We told them it's "Family December", and they're happy.

So needless to say, your words are encouraging. Our God is big. And full of surprises. Thanks for sharing your blessings with us.

 
At December 5, 2011 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Cedar said...

Ah, so wonderful to hear how God is working in the lives of others!

 
At December 6, 2011 at 2:23 AM , Blogger Monique Zackery said...

I love hearing God's children testify about His faithfulness. What an encouragement to our faith! Thanks for sharing these sweet blessings with all of us. (visiting from (in)courage.)

 
At December 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Warren Baldwin said...

Found your site through another blog. Wonderful story of faith and God's sustenance. Very encouraging.

Our youngest daughter lost 6 weeks of school last year due to a surgery that went awry. Had to have 2 more surgeries to fix the frst one. That is tough for a high school senior. But God saw us through, and numerous friends stepped in to help with various things.

Glad you have such a Christian community around you. Praying for physical healing and a job!

Warren

 
At December 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger the lowes said...

love your testimonies of the Lord's provision. He is SO good. we have been there MORE than a few times, with literally negative money. but He has ALWAYS provided. prayers to you for continues provision and supernatural FAITH as you journey through this season.

 
At December 6, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Brandy Jane Mabel said...

Wow, He is faithful!

 
At December 6, 2011 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Angel said...

So absolutely wonderful! I love how God is so tangibly meeting your needs and I love that you give Him the glory for doing it!

 
At December 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

Reading this made my heart so glad!!!! God is GOOD! So, so good. Good for you for having faith that He will provide. It's so hard sometimes, I know! But He is already proving himself. :0)

So glad Luke is home!!

 
At December 7, 2011 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

AMEN sister! :) Thanks for linking up!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Anonymous Laura @ Beholding Glory said...

How awesome!! Thank you for linking up and sharing!!

 
At December 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Hope said...

Hello,

I came over after seeing your link on Goose Hill Farm.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful encouraging message of how God has bless you.

☺ Hope

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home