This Page

has been moved to new address

Adjusting

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Adjusting

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Adjusting

My word for 2012 is adjusting.
Now  that I have been at work a few days I am starting to adjust.

Adjusting to being a working mom. Adjusting to a new schedule. 

Adjusting to different daily demands. 
Adjusting to having deadlines. 
Adjusting to having lots of conversations that hurt my brain 
and makes me wish that I didn’t have mommy brain. All. the. time.


Adjusting to different priorities. 
Work priorities and home priorities.

Adjusting to the need of boundaries with work 

and boundaries at home.
Adjusting to making the time I have with my family special. 
Adjusting to this new life.
I have a feeling that 2012 will include a lot of adjustments in our life.

God is teaching me as my life adjusts. 

Change is never fun or easy for me.

He is teaching me to make the moments I have matter.

To trust in His plan.
To cling to Him when life is constantly changing. 
To trust that He is taking care of my children while I am away 
and that He has given my husband the skills to care for them. 
To trust that change may not be easy but it challenges me 
and makes me stronger.

Ultimately with God's help I can be joyful in all circumstances.

This morning I was driving and I saw horses.

I said, “Olivia look at the horses!” then I looked back and realized she wasn’t there. 
I was on the way to work and the kids were at home with daddy. 
Immediately I called my husband to tell him how silly I was. 
I realized that I am adjusting to this new life. 
Adjusting to not having kids with me all the time. 
In some ways its nice and other ways it feels unnatural.


God is using these new adjustments in my life to make me appreciate all that He has given me.
He is so good.
Don't forget to enter the Ruby Jean Purse Giveaway!



Photobucket

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At January 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Stacey Nicole said...

I recently discovered I will probably have to start working soon. I'm actually a little heart broken over it. I have 2 daughters, a 3 year and a 2 year old. I know it will be okay, and I'm adjusting to just the thought. Your post definitely hit home with me today. Thanks.

 
At January 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM , Blogger jessicaclarke said...

Good luck:) I hope 2012 is a great year for you and your family!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 5:17 AM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Praying for you during this adjustment period. I can't even imagine if I had to go back to work right now. My brain would never function properly at all in the working world, I'm afraid! :)

 
At January 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Summer-Raye said...

He is good and you'll adjust beautifully to everything that He puts in your life.

follow each other?

 
At January 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Amanda M. said...

That's a wonderful word for 2012. Best of luck to you! Happy new year!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Daisy said...

That must be hard but God has a plan for your family. It is so encouraging to know you trust Him.

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

You do have a lot of adjusting going on. Your family is blessed to have you. :)

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I feel for you! I've been there. Good luck on all the adjusting! :)

 
At January 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Such a great post love! I pray that you adjust easily! :)

 
At January 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have written this post a couple years ago. Because of things with my husband's job, I had to go back to work part time. Thankfully, after working for a couple years I was able to quit and be a SAHM again. I will be praying for you. May God give you grace and strength for this journey. May you remember that your joy and hope are found in Him. I am also praying that your husband's job situation changes soon, for the better. (((hugs))) from one who has BTDT. Becca :-)

 
At January 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Jessi said...

Yes! I think adjusting is something all Christians have to learn how to do. It seems like God usually has a different plan than we do, so we have to adjust! But in the end, it's always better, right??

 
At January 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Cheeky D said...

Congrats on being back at work, and good luck as you adjust and find your balance.

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Beth @ dot...in the city said...

great word! i think it's perfect for you this year with lots of changes! change can be hard but it sounds like you have a positive outlook, hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home