This Page

has been moved to new address

heavy on my heart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: heavy on my heart

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

heavy on my heart



I have to be honest it’s hard for me to find out I am pregnant when so many of my friends have lost babies. I was just talking with a friend of mine who recently lost baby number five. It breaks my heart. It makes me wonder why God blesses me with so many children when other women struggle to just get pregnant.

It’s hard to understand God and His plan when there is so much heartache. Thankfully I trust in an amazing God and I know that there are many moms who will meet there babies up in heaven one day. There is hope. God is still good.

A friend of mine shared with me that it is so important to celebrate each and every baby. I need to remember that. I need to remember that each one of my children is a blessing from God. Even though I have a lot of guilt because I get pregnant so easy and other friends of mine would die for a baby, I need to remember that this baby is a blessing.

Grace and I have been listening to this book on tape about the birth of Jesus. I really like it because it brings the Bible to life. We learned about Elizabeth and how she waited so long for a baby. Elizabeth prayed for years to have a baby. At an old age God blessed Elizabeth with John.

It’s hard for me to understand God’s plan. The most important thing for me to do is to put my trust in Him. Thank Him for His timing and trust that He has it all under control.

It’s important for me to have a balance. A challenging balance to have. I need to celebrate and praise God for blessing me with one more child. This baby deserves it. This baby is a gift from God just like Grace, Olivia and Luke are gifts from God. And it’s also important for me to remember and mourn with parents who struggle to have children. For the moms and dads that are waiting for God to bring them their baby boy or girl.
The picture I am sharing with you is of a star that my friend named after her baby that died. To my sweet friend know that you will meet your baby in heaven one day. I love you.
Linking up here today.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At January 25, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Hibiscus House said...

You precious girl. Please get over that guilt. Did you yourself cause the loss of the others? No you did not. You love your friends and your heart hurts for them, but do you think God wants you to feel guilty for enjoying this miracle he has given to you? I think not. I already know you are there for your friends and in their sadness you are sad, but the same holds true enjoy your miracle. If they are true friends they will want you to do this.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Noelani said...

This is beautiful girl.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Many hugs sent you to you friend. I know it's hard sometime's to understand God's plan. But you are so right, each baby is a blessing, just remember that. :)

 
At January 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Amanda M. said...

I've always felt guilty because I have three beautiful, healthy children ~ and my sister has suffered three losses. All three of mine weren't exactly planned, and she is unable to conceive. Heart-breaking guilt for me.....but I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason. I just have to believe that He has a different plan for her.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Jenna@The Life of the Wife said...

My sister is going through the same thing. I felt so guilty when I got pregnant and she was still struggling to get pregnant. You can't hold onto it, I've discovered. It will all work out and you just have to keep the faith that when the time is right, they'll get pregnant too.

Smile!!
Jenna

 
At January 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Erin said...

You are beautiful. You know this though...I tell you all the time! I love your heart and your willingness to open and share with those who are going through difficult times. God is blessing you with sweet babies and I am so happy to know that you are raising them up to love the Lord with all their hearts!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Chappell of Love said...

This is so touching.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Katie said...

First of all congratulations on your baby! You definitely should be celebrating and thanking God for your blessing, even though others haven't been blessed in the same way. As someone who is struggling with fertility issues it is definitely hard that it happens so easily for some people. However - I think your sensitivity and awareness for those friends that are struggling is such an encouragement and blessing to them. It makes so much difference to have a friend that is sensitive to what you are going through, even if they can't relate!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Trisha @ clarionwren.com said...

Oh, sweet Melanie, I don't think any of us that have lost a little one would ever want you to feel bad for being blessed with so many wonderful precious gifts. I never really understand God's plan either. I just trust Him and know that He is with me always.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Cherish said...

I read once that we are not to take the challenges of others as our own. Not to say we shouldn't have compassion and empathy towards these couples, just that feeling guilty for your lack of struggle in this particular way is unneccesary. We are all given our struggles and hardships to face in this life and in this area, thankfully you do not have to worry. That being said, I've been there. I have four children myself and ended up raising them alone for the last few years. I've questioned why I was given my boys and struggled to provide for them while other families who could give them so much more were not blessed in the same way. There is no answer but rest assured that your children have been given to you from none other than God. You are absultutely right to see them as blessings :) Congratulations!!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Daisy said...

This is a very touching post. My newly married friends are struggling with a similar situation. I imagine it must be hard for you.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

As a mama who has 2 babies in heaven and will likely never carry more in her womb I can say that the love you have for your friends is felt here in this post! Thank you! Yes - every single little life is a celebration and I know your friends are overjoyed for you! We might hurt a little extra when we hear news like this, but only because we miss our babies... not because we're not happy about your new little one. :) I think you must be an amazing, compassionate, and beautiful friend. Friends like you are few and far between - trust me, I know! :)

 
At January 26, 2012 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Kara said...

You are so sweet! You deserve this baby in every single way and I can't wait to see your new little blessing. :)

 
At January 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Christina May Andrews said...

Sweet post. I understand what you are saying, whole heartedly. I lost a baby in December and I am happy when my friends find out they are pregnant but at the same time I am sad for us. I hope that makes sense and is not insensative. It is hard to understand God's plan. But I know it is good and He is good. So I trust in that. Thank you for sharing!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

I agree with the comment above me. You seem like such a kind person and don't you dare feel guilty. It is what God wants for you :) Found your blog through Casey Wiegand's. New Follower. I am just starting mine, but stop by sometime.....

www.laurenrebecca.com

 
At January 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM , Blogger Kristine Foley said...

You are so blessed and you deserve it friend!! Hope you are feeling well! XOXO

 
At January 27, 2012 at 6:44 AM , Blogger Just the Two of US said...

Beautiful post! God has reasons for everything and we may not always understand them.

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

Have you read the book called "Heaven is for real"? It so good and speaks of miscarriages. I agree totally with you! It is so difficult to hear you are pregnant when a good friend or anyone you know has miscarried.
I just found out I was pregnant a couple days ago! I'm so exxcited but sad for a best friend of mine who miscarried 2 months ago. but God has a plan for each of us and we have to continue to look to him and trust! Thank you so much for sharing!

itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home