This Page

has been moved to new address

A guest post from Jamie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A guest post from Jamie

Friday, January 13, 2012

A guest post from Jamie

Hi friends! I am so excited to have Jamie from The Letter 4 here today!
Jamie and her sisters are incredibly talented and they are all very creative.
Jamie was one of my first friends I met over blogging.
 I love chatting with her about blogs and bouncing ideas off of her.  
Thank you Jamie for helping me out while I adjust to this whole crazy busy life of mine!

Hey there! My name is Jamie and I blog over at The Letter 4. My three sisters and I share our blog as a way to stay connected together since moving away from one another. Each sister has unique talents and taste so there is really something for everyone in our blog!
My daughter is my absolute world to me. I look forward to seeing that contagious little smile every morning, the scrunch of her little nose every lunch time as I try to get her to eat something (such a picky eater!), and the gleam of excitement in her eyes when she knows she is doing something she isn't supposed to, but loves getting a rise out of me. It's funny how quickly you forget what life was like before you had your little ones. Before my Sabrina, I'm sure I would have filled my day with work and some tv episodes. I have happily traded that in for playing horsie on the floor and making flowers for Sabrina to wear. :) And boy do I make a ton of flowers. I'm a bit obsessed! Here is my new favorite...
What you'll learn about me is that I can't sew. It's on my list of things to learn. Usually I cannot even get the sewing machine to work and even if I do, I have never even come close to sewing a straight line. So! Janae (little sister) is my designated sewer. She sewed a line on the bottom of this eyelet lace (which I am througholy impressed with, I have know idea how she managed to stay in such a small space!) with a very wide stitch and kept both ends open.
This way I was able to easilty pull on one thread to make the entire thing ruffle.
As I ruffled along, I spun it in a circle, glueing periodically as I went.
And after glueing it to some stretchy lace, I get to do another one of my favorite hobbies....photoshoots with my little girl!
So glad I got to introduce myself here on Melanie's blog! If you venture on over to our blog, say hi! We'd love to have you!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Erin said...

How cute is she?! Love her headband!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Leah said...

This is so cute, I think I need to make one for my little girl!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Tami Marie said...

I love this blog. It's one of my favourite ones on the blogosphere. Jamie is really very lovely.

Great guest post Jamie!

 
At January 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Jennifer M. said...

Wow, that is a super cute flower!! I've made similar ones using knitting, but that looks even easier to do it with lace! I'm going to have to try this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home