This Page

has been moved to new address

passion and purpose

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: passion and purpose

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

passion and purpose


I have been thinking a lot about my passion lately.
Today I had a long training downtown. I always love meeting some of the different therapist that work for our agency at trainings.
One of the therapist runs a group for pregnant teens.
We talked a long time about reaching out to pregnant teens.

This is one of my passions.

Some of you may know that one of my good friends is in the process of starting a non-profit. I am on the board.
The other day she came into my office to chat.
She told me that she wanted to work on a grant for me to be able to run a program for pregnant teens and teen moms.
My wheels started turning.
I thought about all the things I would love to work on with them.
I thought about all the ways I wanted to minister to them.
I thought about all the ways I wanted to encourage them.

I know that this is part of my purpose.

I have worked with teen moms for a long time.
My heart goes out to them and I really enjoy being with them.
I love making them feel important and valued.
I love teaching them how to attach and bond to their baby.
I love educating them about childbirth and labor.
I love helping them with nursing and feeding.
I love listening to their stories and their goals for the future.

Besides being a momma,
ministering to teen moms is my passion and purpose.

God gave each and every one of us a purpose.
He gave each one of us passions.
He gave us dreams, goals and desires.

 As a mom it’s easy to lose sight of our 
dreams, purpose, passions and goals.

Today I want to encourage you to
think about what makes you excited.

What are your passions, dreams, goals and desires?
Maybe God gifted you with the ability to make wonderful meals and you love blessing others with a home cooked meal when they’re sick.
Maybe God blessed you with the ability to sing
and leading others in worship is your passion.
Maybe you’re a prayer warrior and
love to encourage others by praying for them.
Maybe you homeschool your children and 
you’re passionate about education 
and love helping other families that are also homeschooling their children.
Maybe you’re an artist and love to paint beautiful pictures. Your art is the way you worship God.
Or maybe you love mentoring women. Your heart is to help them grow closer to the Lord and trust in Him.

Comment below and share with us what you’re passionate about.
Better yet write a post about your purpose and passion.
Share your post link in the comment section below.
Remember: God can use you wherever you are...you just have to let Him.

I am so excited to see what everyone is passionate about!
Linking here
PS- Sorry I have been so delayed in responding to e-mails.
I have little ones calling my name when I get home and they come first. 
Be patient with me. 


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At January 19, 2012 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Kara said...

I have a friend who works with very special adoption cases and her and a few coworkers are going into high schools soon to talk to pregnant teens and let them know that abortion is not their only option.
I'll be praying for you and your organization that you'll be able to help others! It really is an amazing thing to aspire towards.

 
At January 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Cassie said...

I think this is beautiful love!! I know these teen mom's will be so blessed to have you apart of their lives, you are a wonderful encouragement :)

 
At January 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Life in Dawleywood said...

Great reminder post! And what a great service you're doing for these girls!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Elisha(: said...

I LOVE THIS!! THANK YOU (:

 
At January 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Amanda M. said...

I was a single teenage mom and I would have loved to have someone like you to talk to. I hope it all works out ~ it would be such a blessing to so many! <3

 
At January 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Daisy said...

This is a great post and reminder for me. I am very encouraged right now :)

 
At January 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Cheeky D said...

Keep us posted on your work with pregnant teens. That is my passion too. Next week we are meeting with the High schools to get a parenting class into the high schools. This will put some of our programs into the schools, this is HUGE for us.

Attaining your passion is hard...don't give up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home