This Page

has been moved to new address

reflections

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: reflections

Sunday, January 1, 2012

reflections

 Have you heard of (in)courage? I read it everyday.
It's so encouraging. I leave blessed.
The other day there was a post written by Tsh at The Simple Mom
Tsh shared 20 questions   to reflect on 2011, you can download the questions here
I decided to share my questions with all of you! Want to do it too?  
Copy and paste the questions and put it on your blog. 
Don't forget to link back to Tsh at The Simple Mom.
Share your link in the comment section below. 
Ok, pull up a chair, get comfy and lets reflect on 2011.
  





















1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Having my third son Luke





















2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
My husband losing his job

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
My husband losing his job has surprisingly been a joy. 
We have grown closer to one another and closer to God.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
My husband losing his job and having three kids are both obstacles. 
Being out numbered hasn’t been easy but I am thankful for each of my kids.

5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
Scary. Emotional. Peaceful.

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 
(don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Challenging. Hard. Unfair.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011
 (again, without asking).
Challenging. Depressing. Hard.

8. What were the best books you read this year?
What Women Fear by Angie Smith
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie














9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My husband has been my most valuable relationship this year.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Trusting that God will give me the strength to get through each and everyday.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I don’t know. 
I think I have started to let things go in a good way. 
I try to release control and give it to God.
Not easy.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Trusting that God would come through for us even when it didn’t make any sense at all.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
No idea!

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I feel like I have made more efforts to connect with others 
and make new relationships even when I’ve had to go outside of my comfort zone.

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
At work, feeling the satisfaction when I worked hard, 
did the right thing when it wasn’t easy, 
made a difference in someone’s life 
and finished all my projects on time. 
At home, seeing my kids play together and enjoy each other’s company. 
Knowing that I helped make my husband’s day 
better when I cleaned the house or made him dinner.

16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
The most challenging part with work has been balancing being a mom and working.
The most challenging part about being at home has been having patience and feeling isolated.

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
The internet. It is good and also so bad.


























18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Spending quality time with my family. 
This doesn’t come natural for me and 
I have to consciously choose to be fully present with them.

19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
That God will take care of us no matter what and my husband loves me no matter what.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.
2011 was one of our hardest years yet.
 It was hard trusting that God was in control as our world fell apart. 
I have learned that God wants to comfort me during the hard times 
and He wants to take care of us.
Don't forget to enter the Ruby Jean Purse Giveaway!
Can't wait to read your reflections!
Today I am linking






Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?


On In Around button



Beholding Glory

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At January 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Life with Kaishon said...

I hope 2012 is much better for you. I absolutely loved these thought provoking questions. I think I would be a little scared to answer some of them. Thank you for being so open. You are in my prayers tonight. Love, Becky

 
At January 2, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Ashley Sisk said...

What a thoughtful piece - I also hope that 2012 is a better year for you. Big hugs.

 
At January 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Angie said...

What a great post! Many blessings to you this year!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Shanda said...

I haven't done this yet! I pray this is a blessed year for you!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM , Blogger Cedar said...

What a great way to reflect on the past year! Have a good day!

 
At January 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Krystyn said...

I hope 2012 is much easier for you guys..but at the same time, it sounds like the struggles have brought you to where you need to be and that is awesome, too!

I'm a little nervous about being outnumbered in February..hoping it's not as bad as it sounds:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home