This Page

has been moved to new address

Some tips on blogging from a brand new blogger

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Some tips on blogging from a brand new blogger

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Some tips on blogging from a brand new blogger


I started this little blog in March but never updated it.
I wrote a few posts but for some reason the idea of blogger overwhelmed me.
In October Anthony was on a trip to Dominican Republic and I wanted to update my blog. Then I updated it again. Then again. And again.
All of a sudden I was blogging.
I couldn’t stop.

A few people have completely flattered me by asking me how I grew so fast.
So I thought I would share with all of you what I did.

First off my blog grew because of God. Not me.
I am not a good writer. I barely passed English. My grammar isn’t great.
I have ADHD, so I have a hard time focusing on one thing.
I never knew that God blessed me with my ADHD.
My mind never shuts down. I always am thinking of new ideas and all sorts of things in my head. It’s constantly thinking about stuff. Random stuff.
Blogging has helped me get the stuff out of my head and onto my blog.
It is therapeutic for me. It has helped my brain to slow down.
It feels good for me. It’s my little gift from God.
Thank you God!

Second off I think I grew because I blog all. the. time.
So this may not be your thing but for me I just like to write about my day and what’s in that crazy brain of mine.
Also my hubby loves to read my blog and he is always cheering me along.
It’s nice to have someone who supports me. It helps me keep going.
This blog is my love letter to my husband and to my kids.

Get advice from other bloggers who have done well blogging.
I have looked at other blogs that I actually just liked reading and any time they share info about blogging. I take notes.
I take the advice that works for me and do it.
They got where they are for a reason.
They are wise and worth getting advice from.

Link up as much as possible.
Find the link ups that bring you the most traffic
and keep linking up with those parties.
Also find new link ups so you don’t get stuck in the same group of people.
I also link up to some of my favorite bogs, they may not bring me a lot of traffic but I want to support them because I love their blog.
You can see the places I link up here.
If you have a link up please share it in the comments and I will add it.

Leave nice comments. I used to never comment because I didn’t think anyone actually read their comments. Silly me! I met a really great friend by commenting on what great wrapping paper she used!
So go for it and comment.
Encourage others and meet new friends!

Be true to you and don’t be anyone else.
Be personal and real.
I wrote a post about being you here.

Use Pinterest to bring traffic to your blog.
Pin your tutorials and DIY projects. 

Get link within. It posts related posts under your recent post. 

Have a place to share your favorite posts

Try to use lots of pictures. It helps readers connect to what you’re saying.
Sometimes my post may not require pictures like this post
but I try to add pictures when I can.

Participate in communities and forums.
This helps you network and get your name out there.

Swap with other bloggers and
 buy ad space from blogs that bring you enough traffic to make purchasing ad space worth it. I’m broke so I only swap buttons right now.
If you do buy ad space from a blog; check their stats thoroughly and ask others who bought ad space from them if it is worth it or not.

Make sure you have a nice button to spark people’s interest in your blog.

Guest post as often as you can and have other bloggers guest post on your blog. But don’t have too many guest posters, people follow your blog because they like to read your stuff not someone else’s. I think it’s good to swap guest post with someone, that way it helps both of your blogs.

Host giveaways on your bog and give something away on other bloggers blog. This help brings you traffic and some new readers.

Ok, that’s what I got. Take it or leave it.
Now share your tips!!





Labels:

22 Comments:

At January 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM , Blogger AudreyN said...

Thank you so much for your tips! Happy 2012!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Blogger S.B. said...

Great tips and ideas! Thanks!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Elizabeth, The Young Retiree said...

What great tips! Thanks for sharing them with us! I as well have met some amazing ladies through simply leaving a comment! It's awkward to explain the community to non-bloggers, but bloggers always understand.

 
At January 1, 2012 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Melodee said...

thanks for the tips, I'm super new and need these:) happy new year!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Michele Alger said...

Always looking for great tips! My blog has been challenging to grow, so thank you for the advice! Love these tips!!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Lisa @ MMT said...

These are great tips! I will have to take some of them into account to help me blog :)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 1:04 AM , Blogger Erin said...

You are awesome and your blog grew crazy fast!! :)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 4:17 AM , Blogger Polkadot-pretties said...

Great tips thank you for sharing ..

thank you for adding my link party to your list :)

<3

Claire xoxo

 
At January 2, 2012 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

Great advice girl!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Awesome tips!! I'm growing...but at a snail's pace right now. Still, I can't believe I've gone from 12 to 180 followers since August. I'm gonna have to check out those link parties. I do a couple of them. {you also link up to my Thankful Thursdays!! :)}

 
At January 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

These are great tips!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm still fairly new to the blogging world as well so I thought this was a great post! I'm a new follower. Thanks for linking up to the New Year's blog hop!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Lorrie Everitt Studio said...

Great tips and advice! Thanks for sharing. Happy 2012!!!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Beth @ dot...in the city said...

Great tips!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Shane Prather said...

These are awesome tips! I love taking the lead from seasoned bloggers on what to do and not to do :)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Love these tips!! :)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Candace Stevenson said...

this is AWESOME, I want to grow my blog to be something people can't WAIT to read, this advise is great, thank you :)
Lovely Little Rants

 
At January 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Kristen @ Confessions of a GDS said...

Great tips- I agree on all of them!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Rochelle said...

I love your advice! New follower from Living in Yellow Linkup :)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Stevie MooreBabies said...

Great advice :)

 
At January 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Chantelle @ Mommyx3=Insanity said...

Thanks for the advice! I'm your newest follower and I found you on the life made lovely link up. I would love for you to stop by my blog Mommyx3Insanity.blogspot.com

 
At January 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM , Blogger momto8 said...

thank you so much for this insight! i appreciate you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home