This Page

has been moved to new address

Swapping blogs with Ashley today!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Swapping blogs with Ashley today!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Swapping blogs with Ashley today!

Hi friends!
Today Ashley and I are swapping blogs. You can read my post over on her blog and she's giving some great advice over on my blog!
Ashley doesn't know this but today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner's Show Us Your life! Ashley has an amazing shop called The Pink Ruffle where she sells the cutest headbands, necklaces, bracelets, and pillows. Make sure to check it out. Ashley would love to be a stay at home mom one day and I want that
for her too. Hopefully her shop can one day bring in enough income to make her dream a reality. 
Hi, my name is Ashley Blunt from The Pink Ruffle! I am a blogger, shop owner over here, mama to a sweet 10 month old, wife to a handsome man AND work full time. Whew...it gets a little crazy! I am so excited to be swapping blogs with my sweet sister in law Melanie :)
Balance is something I am still trying to figure out, but have learned a couple things along the way. 
Over here, it is all about priorities!
Family: Family always comes first.  I don't ever want to give my family less because I am making a headband or have to much work to do.  I usually wait to check my email or work on an order from my shop until my little one has gone down.  My husband and I will usually watch TV for a little bit together or just sit and talk, and then I will start on what I need to do.  But while we are all together as a family, I want to be there fully!
Work: Though I wish I could just stay home full time and take care of my sweet little girl, financially where we are at right now it is just not a possibility.  Luckily, I have family here that can watch her and I have a day off during the week too.  I never bring work home.  I think this is key.  For all you working mamas out there, bringing work home does no good for the family :) When I get home, I am in full mom and wife mode.
Shop: This is a passion of mine. I love to make headbands and allow mamas to dress their little one  in something unique and cute! I want to make sure that I don't make this everything though! Yes, I do love it, but I believe there is a time and place for this.  During naps or at night is when I will work on orders and designs.  
Me: Finding time for you is really important. I try to make this a priority whether it is taking an extra long shower, going to get a pedicure or reading at starbucks.  To keep on going and to be able to give all that you are, you time is important.  I find myself getting overwhelmed or off balance when I don't leave time for me.  I am thankful for a husband that feels the same way and encourages me to go do something for myself.

Prioritizing helps me find balance! I don't know if I ever will be totally balanced, but I try! I think if you know what your priorities are and try to keep those first, you are on the right track :)

Thanks Melanie for letting me share! Come say hi over here! I would love to meet you :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 27, 2012 at 6:16 AM , Blogger Kara said...

Ashley, you somehow seem to have it all together! You know life gets busy but you deal with it. Your priorities are so strong!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Ashley Blunt said...

Thanks Kara for the sweet words! And thanks Mel for letting me guest post! Love you!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Lydia Criss Mays said...

OH, going to play on your sister-in-law's blog now. I especially appreciate the focus on family coming first. I'll be sure to check out the shop too.

In the meantime, I have no doubt you'd love our Pay It Forward Friday "freebie". You always seem to be creating fun things for your family, so I thought I'd share.

http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/2012/01/pay-it-forward-freebie-see-beautiful.html

Happy seeing beautiful!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger alignaChristina said...

Ashley that was some great advice!! Thanks so much for sharing:)

 
At January 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM , Blogger Stesha said...

love love her!!

xo
Classic & Bubbly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home