This Page

has been moved to new address

Before I was a mom

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Before I was a mom

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Before I was a mom


Before I was a mom I was selfish and only focused on my own goals.
Before I was a mom I was judgmental.
Before I was a mom my life revolved around me, my plans and my needs.
Before I was a mom I never understood how my heart could love someone so much.
Before I was a mom I never experienced sleepless nights that didn’t have to do with hanging out late with a boyfriend or up all night with friends.
Before I was a mom I didn’t truly understand how much God loved me.
Before I was a mom I pictured myself as the perfect mom with perfectly well behaved kids.
Before I was a mom I didn’t understand why other people’s kids always seemed sick.
Before I was a mom I didn’t get how sacred date nights were and how amazing babysitters are.
Before I was a mom time moved slowly….now that I’m a mom time won’t stay still.
Before I was a mom I took pictures of me and my friends out having lots of fun, now I take pictures of the random things my kids do.
Before I was a mom I worried about how I looked, what the latest fashion, and what I was doing Friday night, now I worry about my kids non stop all day long.
Before I was a mom poopy diapers, buggers, and spit up were not apart of my daily vocabulary.
Before I was a mom I didn’t appreciate all that my parents did for me.
Before I was a mom I didn’t rely on God as much as I do now.
Before I was a mom life was not as enjoyable and worth living.
Before I was a mom I lacked purpose and drive.
Before I was a mom I didn't fully understand the joy that moms experience when they see their kids experience something for the very first time.
Before I was a mom I didn’t know all the words to every song on The Fresh Beat Band and Veggie Tales.
Before I was a mom Disneyland was just well Disneyland…..now it seems so magical.
Before I was a mom I had no idea what it was like to have to give each of my children over to the Lord and trust that He will take care of each one of them.


What was your life like before you became a mom?

Labels:

8 Comments:

At February 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Jenna Duty said...

oh i know this goes. i feel the exact same way. this was so perfectly said! i seriously love your blog!!

xoxo :)

 
At February 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM , Blogger Lot said...

This is a beautiful post. Every single thing is so true. Especially the one about appreciating what your parents did.

 
At February 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Susan D said...

It was all so true. I would like to add in some ways before I was a mum I wasn't a real person. I did everything to fit into everyone elses boxes, now I am a mum I have found the real me and don't fit into any boxes.

 
At February 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM , Blogger jas said...

they are so cute!!!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

 
At February 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

This is all so true! I never really fully appreciated my parents until I became one. I try to remember to thank them so much more now. :)

Oh, and I finally got the linky followers on my page too. I am following you now!

 
At February 29, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Mama G @ Growing Up Geeky said...

What a fantastic post. <3

 
At February 29, 2012 at 7:54 PM , Blogger alignaCristina from SomekindofParadise said...

oh boy i sure love this post!!! Before i was a mom i knew nothing of sacrifice:)) i love reading your blog by the way...keep on writing and hurray for the countdown to finishing work!!

http://alignabluhm.blogspot.com/

 
At February 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Beatrice Balaj said...

They are so adorable! You have two beautiful little bundles of joy!



Xo,
http://www.sacosha.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home