This Page

has been moved to new address

A door shuts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A door shuts

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A door shuts

Yesterday Anthony received an e-mail from a company that has been interested in him for quite some time letting him know that they decided to hire someone local.
It’s frustrating because Anthony applied for the job in October and the HR director has continued to e-mail Anthony letting him know that they are very interested in him.
I wish that in October they would have let Anthony know that they planned to hire someone local and not string him along like they did. For a short time we had hope that this job might actually come through.
Both Anthony and I know it’s important to not put all your eggs in one basket, so Anthony has spent time applying for other jobs. Other jobs have told Anthony no. Either he is over qualified or doesn’t have the right qualifications.
It’s a dog eat dog world in this job market right now.
It isn’t easy to get a job.
At first I felt angry. I was angry that the company continued to tell Anthony that they were interested in him for so long. Angry at myself for getting my hopes up. Angry that I put my hope in a job and not in God.
Now I am feeling sad and a little anxious. I’m sad for Anthony. I know he just wants to get a chance to work for this company so he can get into the field he so desperately desires to be in. I’m also sad for our family. Sad that I may possibly have to work longer than I thought. Sad that my life is anything but what I planned it to be in my head.
This is a reminder that we need to put our hope in the Lord.
I need to continue to trust His plan for our family.
I need to trust that His plans are far better than my plans.
I need to remember that He is here with us through the good times and the hard times.
I can choose to learn from this door shutting or I can choose to be bitter.
I can choose to put my hope in the Lord and trust in His plan.
Or I can choose to try to do things my way.
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

~ Matthew 7:7
I am going to choose to keep seeking God
and asking Him to provide a job for Anthony.
I am also praying that God continues to grow me
and Anthony closer together during this time.
I am also praying that Anthony would find his identity in Christ
and not in a job.
Don't forget to enter this giveaway!!
Linking here

Labels:

18 Comments:

At February 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Brooke @ Covered in Grace said...

I think you have the right attitude about it... and it is ok to be sad (for a little bit). But you've got it right.. just keep leaning into Jesus and trusting that God's plan is so much greater than anything you have ever imagined.
When doors shut, it usually means that the RIGHT thing is just around the corner.

I definitely understand what you must be feeling right now. My family has been dealt many unplanned changes over the years...and I have found that God's plan for us is always so much greater than the ones I've made.

Prayers are said!! Have a great day!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I'm sorry. Looking for a job nowadays is almost like torture. Because employers have the freedom to pick whomever they want now, they make everyone jump through hoops, string them along, and then destroy all the hopes they set up. It's so awful and unfair. I know that God definitely has the perfect spot for Anthony at the perfect job! I don't think He would bless you guys with this new little baby-on-the-way without giving you the means to provide for it! Good things are coming, I can feel it! :)

 
At February 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I'm sorry to hear about this Melanie :( But God definitely has something bigger and better in store for Anthony!!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Ashley at flats to flip flops said...

Oh Melanie! Sorry! Sending prayers and thoughts your way!
Ashley:)

 
At February 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I just know the right job is out there for him somewhere. I will continue to pray that it finds him quickly. You have a wonderful attitude about this situation and you will emerge even stronger. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

 
At February 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Brittany Bailey said...

So Sorry to hear this. It's definitely a disappointment when things fall through. Today's job market is so tough. I have found myself repeating Matthew 7:7 in my different areas of own life this week. I'm believing that God will provide for you and your family! Even in an inconsistent economy, He is faithful & never-changing!

Prayers your way <3

 
At February 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Jamie - Snow In December said...

Sorry the door was shut yet again, but keep up the prayer and the good attitude! You will be blessed!!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Chelsea L said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear this.. My husband's contract ends next week so he's on the job hunt now too. I'm hoping not for too long. It's scary out there...

 
At February 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM , Blogger alignaCristina from SomekindofParadise said...

praying for you and your family!! We were just in that same situation over a year ago living with my parents a whole year till james finally found a job. It was very hard. God brought us through and the job he provided was above and beyond what we had even hoped to find.. pray and believe for the great things coming your way:)

 
At February 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Lovelyladyjb said...

I have felt this way in my own situation. I was out of work for about a year and everything I found was not what I really truly wanted. I was told no and strung a long time and time again, and began to get depressed about my situation. I took my eyes off of God.

I than realized that God is able to give me all the desires of my heart. I started to pray to Him and ask Him where should I look, why I was not getting the response I so hoped for. He gave me my answer. I was then offered a job better than everything I could have hoped for. I know God had this in store for me, although I wanted all of those others.

I think you are taking the right approach to this. My prayers are with you and your family through this time. God has something better in store that you and Anthony can't even imagine. Believe it and keep pressing on! :)

 
At February 1, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

I am sorry to hear this too. How frustrating that must be. I hope that things turn around quickly and that Anthony finds a job soon that he loves!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Bailey@Lost&Found said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Finding a job is impossible these days- trust me, i know. But, things will look up one day. Until then, we just have to stay positive. My thoughts are with your family! I hope something great happens for your family soon.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM , Blogger K said...

That is so sad, well i am glad you have a positive attitud! and i wish you all the best!

love K

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Kara said...

So sorry Melanie! I know how you feel. I'm in the processes of getting a second job now too, but I'm really holding out for one job that I want more than anything (Apple Store!). I just can't afford life the way it is. On the very very positive side, I got Flat Stanley in the mail yesterday and am planning on taking him out this weekend! Can't wait to send him back. :)

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:29 AM , Anonymous Christina said...

I so often plan in my head what I expect for my life. Sometimes even the things that make the most sense haven't been part of His plan for me. I fight against it, a lot. So glad that His word is strengthening you and giving you wisdom during this time of challenge and trial.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Rolled Up Pretty said...

I'm so sorry, that is so frustrating! Something for sure will come up though, crossing my fingers for you guys!

 
At February 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Jelli Bean said...

I just found your blog and want to say I'm really impressed with your prayer requests section. I'm pretty certain you'll see that pop up on my blog soon. What a great way to reach out!!

 
At February 6, 2012 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Monique said...

The economy is so hard out there... I feel the same way! I looked so hard and for so long and felt like I was getting nowhere! Keep praying and trusting God!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home