This Page

has been moved to new address

A father to the fatherless

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A father to the fatherless

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A father to the fatherless

So much has been on my heart lately.
More than I could even write.
I was praying that God would give me the words to write today.
He didn't and that's ok.
I have to admit. I am behind in many areas in my life, work, e-mails, taking pictures of my kids, housework, grocery shopping, and spending time with God.
Lately I am in need of a break. Time for me.
No work, no blog, no kids, no hubby and no housework.
I hope I will get this time soon because I really need it.
We all need this time. Time to rejuvinate and come back refreshed.
As I was praying about different things I opened up my devotional from Joyce Meyer. The devotional puts into words my heart and my desire. God reminded me after I read it that I am useless to others if I don't take time for Him and take time to be alone.
I hope this encourages you today too!
Sorry there hasn't been many pictures lately.
There will be soon. I promise!

Social Justice

It's simply wrong to see or hear of someone in need and do absolutely nothing. Let me explain...

Awhile ago, the Lord revealed to me just how strongly He feels about wanting me to work for justice for the oppressed. It's part of His calling for all in the body of Christ. He's been looking for people to help the fatherless, the widows, the oppressed, the poor, the lonely and forgotten since He gave the law in Old Testament times.

Speaking through Moses, He said, "You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child" (Exodus 22:22 AMP). God is not partial, "He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the stranger or temporary resident and gives him food and clothing" (Deuteronomy 10:18 AMP). God told the people that if they fed the strangers, the widows and the fatherless, He would bless the work of their hands (see Deuteronomy 14:29).

Some of the most lonely and forgotten people in the world today are the girls who have been forced into prostitution in order to survive, the orphan boy in Africa whose parents have died of AIDS, the prisoner who spends day after day alone in a prison cell, the homeless man living on the streets...there are plenty of people in need out there.

This can all seem overwhelming, and you might be thinking, "What can I do about this?' God has taught me that while I cannot solve everything, if I relieve the suffering of just one person, I am making a difference.

Please don't think that what you have to give isn't enough. The hurting, broken, hungry and homeless are all around. Will you help them today?

Prayer Starter: Lord, You clearly care about helping those who are poor and lonely. Give me Your heart for justice and show me the hurting and broken that You want me to help.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM , Blogger The Lee Family Happenings said...

I hope you get the break you need soon. I really love this post. I've felt all of these feelings and can never find an answer as to how I can change the world or part of it, or just one part of one person's day. I'm excited to see what your journey with this will be :)

 
At February 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Emily Kate said...

Love this post and it's totally close to my heart, seeing as we're about to get our foster care license.:)

 
At February 10, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Just the Two of US said...

I feel the same way. I actually had wrote a post the other day about how I was slipping from God. I loved this post, even though it was short and sweet, it touched my heart...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home