This Page

has been moved to new address

I need to become more creative

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: I need to become more creative

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I need to become more creative

In naming my kids......

I love my kids names
Grace Elizabeth
Olivia Kate
Luke Anthony

all traditional solid names
I felt like their names could grow old with them
they sound professional
they can be cute too like "Gracie" "Livie" and "Lukey"
and they sound great when my kids are in trouble
"Grace Elizabeth come over here right now."

But they are all so stinking popular!

I am so not creative and I am so not original.
I always lean toward the traditional side of things in life.
I blame it on my younger years
When I was younger I dreamed of living in the "olden days."
Little House on the Prairie, Road to Avonlea and Bonanza
were some of my favorite shows.
Yes I was weird.
I wore my Little House on the Prairie outfit that my mom made
all the time
I wanted to change my name to Laura
and a went through a phase where I called my parents
"ma" and "pa"

Yes. Weird is a understatement.

So there I go on a little bunny trail

Today I was looking up the popular baby names online
and all my kids names are on the list


Thankfully the names I have picked out for the next baby isn't on the list but who knows what 2012 will be.....



Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At February 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Stevie MooreBabies said...

I wanted to live in the "olden days" and I loved visiting my grandparents on the farm in IL :)

I was going to say "none of my kids names are on the list because I was going for non-trendy names..." BUT I just noticed that my daughter "Charlotte" is on that list. HEY! That name wasn't on any list that I saw 3 years ago, lol.

Jillian is on there, and neither is our future (hopefully to be) son's name, lol

 
At February 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Chelsea L said...

Nothing wrong with beautiful classic names. Those are the ones we like too :) Names that sound good as a baby and as a grandpa...our favorite is Jack. Jack Jack as a baby and one day Grandpa Jack :) hehe perfect. I like creative names, but it's always so annoying when names are hard to pronounce. I'm a teacher and I definitely love classics more :)

 
At February 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Lesley @ the floyd boys said...

I sometimes wonder if my kids names are too different. But I gave them pretty "safe" middle names in case they ever didn't want to go by their first. I think your kids have great names though.

 
At February 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Mindy M. Harris said...

i love your kids' names too. no one has the names wilder and story, my son and daughter's names, and i dig it..but sometimes it's annoying to explain the meaning!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

I loved Road to Avonlea!!!! Sometimes even if you pick an unheard of name, 4 years later, it's popular. When I named my daughter, the nurse said she had never heard of that name in the 15 years she worked in the maternity ward...but I'm starting to hear it more and more now. I like your babies names. :)

 
At February 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Kara said...

It's ok. The name I want for my girl is Emma Grace, and they're both on the list!

 
At February 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I still want to live in the olden days! The Little House on the Prairie books were some of my favorites. Life was just so much more simple. Work hard, take care of the family, go to church, go to a hoe-down. Good stuff!

 
At February 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Blogger LeahJo said...

I love the name Olivia. With my third child, we still hadn't come up with a middle name, and had to figure one out when the people came for me to sign the papers. Talk about pressure!

You can always pull all the celebrity kids' names and do some random pick of two and put them together. that'd be original! jk don't do that. lol.

 
At February 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a classic namer too. I wanted names that sounded like they could be authors if they wanted.

Emily Morgan
Claire Elizabeth

When we were younger my sister and I used to dress up in old-fashioned long dresses and pretend that our Pa was away at war and we were keeping the homestead alive while he was gone. Keeping our life savings (foreign coins and bills) held tightly in our little porcelain boxes, and dealing with the creepy man who wanted to buy the farm, etc. You are not alone! :)

Michele

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home