This Page

has been moved to new address

Just another birthday.....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Just another birthday.....

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just another birthday.....


I heard this song Just Another Birthday at the Casting Crowns concert I recently went to.
 I love Casting Crowns.

Their music always speaks to my heart.
I love how they share a story
and put you in the shoes of someone else.
The song Just Another Birthday is a reminder of all God has done for me in my life.
It’s so similar to my story
(except my dad was involved in my life)
and how far God has brought me
since I found out I was pregnant with Grace.
God is good.
He wants to break our chains and heal our wounds
no matter how far we’ve walked from Him.
No matter what we’ve done,
He is the only one that can heal our pain.
Just ask Him.

Just Another Birthday
by Casting Crowns
Sixteen finds me Blowing out candles
and making wishes
And all around me Is everyone
but the one I'm wishing for
And he sent me flowers
And gift-wrapped excuses
From a daddy whose daughter
Wants to see him again
And I know, I know It's just another birthday
But I guess I thought
This would be the one
When he would call me,
see me Hold me and free me
But it's just another birthday
And I'll be fine I'll be fine

Nineteen finds me
And I'm wild-eyed and wide open
I gave myself away to love
But backseat promises fade like a mist
I'm screaming at the midnight air
Everyone hears me but I don't care
My heart's clenched just like a fist
'Cause, people, I didn't ask for any of this
I know, I know It's just another birthday
But I guess I thought
This would be the one
When he would call me, see me

Hold me and free me
But it's just another birthday
And I'm not fine I'm not fine

In the company of strangers
In a cold and sterile room
All alone with a child inside me
And I don't know what to do Jesus, can
You hear me
Come and heal my brokenness
Put the pieces back together
And be a Father to the fatherless
A father to the fatherless
And you were born to break the chains
Now I know, I know It's not just another birthday
'Cause I'm here, she's here
And look how far we've come
Since you've called me, saw me
Held me and freed me
Thank you, Lord, for another birthday
And we'll be fine We'll be fine

Twenty-one finds me
Blowing out candles and making wishes
And all around me
My barefoot princess twirls and sings
It's so amazing
Looking back at all God's brought us through
You are my happy birthday
And you were born to break the chains
Now I know, I know It's not just another birthday
 'Cause I'm here, she's here
And look how far we've come
Since you've called me, saw me
Held me and freed me

Thank you, Lord, for another birthday
And we'll be fine We'll be fine


Photobucket





 

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At February 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Kodi said...

This song brought tears to my eyes!
So sweet<3

 
At February 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Amen! Love it! Thanks for sharing! I love Casting Crowns too!

 
At February 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Lydia Criss Mays said...

It is beautiful. Melanie, have you read Kisses From Katie yet? I can't describe how moving and beautiful it is and I think you'd love it. I reminded me of this post and several others you've posted - specifically about adoption and placing our faith in Christ.

Happy seeing beautiful!

http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

 
At February 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Such a beautiful song :)

 
At February 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Beautiful song! I've always loved Casting Crowns lyrics. It's like listening to a pastor's message in a song. I guess the lead singer is actually a youth pastor too, and when I was a teen I remember my youth pastor saying, "Can you imagine the messages that guy must preach!?" haha

 
At February 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Danielle {@} sugar blossom boutique said...

Thank you for this post! I'm always trying to find new music to listen to &i hadn't heard of this group before!

 
At February 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Danielle {@} sugar blossom boutique said...

Thank you for this post! I'm always trying to find new music to listen to &i hadn't heard of this group before!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home