This Page

has been moved to new address

Ten years ago

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Ten years ago

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ten years ago



It's been almost 11 years since I graduated high school.
Where did the time go?
When you graduate high school you have all these dreams.

I dreamed of getting an amazing degree at ASU.
At the time I wanted to go into interior design. 
I imagined myself living in New York City. 
One day marrying a doctor. 
And having lots of kids. 


It's funny how the plans we have for our life
aren't necessary the best plans.
I'm glad my dreams didn't come true.
I'm glad God had other plans for my life.
I'm thankful for the mistakes I've made.

We never dream or plan hard times, heart ache, and pain.
But those experiences make us who we are today.
They draw us closer to God.
They set us on a new path.
Our goals start to become His goals.
And soon we realize.
The past ten (ok almost 11) years were worth it.
Heart ache, pain, lost dreams, changed goals and a life that is different than what I originally planned. 
And that's ok because I know He's in control.
Not me.









Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters
FindingBeautyintheOrdinary.com
Grace Laced Mondays

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At February 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Liesl said...

It's been that long since I graduated college...so I know the exact feeling your are talking about...where does the time go?!? :)

Such a cute post of all the wonderful memories...it is funny, but so true how our plans and lives can grow, change and evolve into something other than what we may have once thought! I'm on a new path myself and in the midst of change, but ready to just go with it and see where life takes me! :)

 
At February 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

I know the feeling! I feel like a lot of people end up doing something totally different than what they though they would. I dreamed of going to FIDM in L.A and being a fashion merchandiser, but now I am living in AL doing a very everyday boring job lol.
Great post!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 1:20 AM , Blogger Brooke @ Covered in Grace said...

How cute are you with your short hair!!!?!!
I am hitting the 11 year mark as well this May... and I couldn't agree with you more.
God's plans for us are so much bigger than we could have ever dreamed. <3

 
At February 20, 2012 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Kara said...

Love the short hair! I'm only halfway through college and I know what you're talking about in losing those goals already! It sucks, but sometimes it'll make your life even more incredible than you imagined!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Ruth@GraceLaced said...

Thanks for linking up! The psalmist had it right: "The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away." (Psalm 90:10)

 
At February 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Great post and a great reminder that God's plans are always WAY better than what we had planned!! Thanks for sharing, girlie!!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM , Blogger thetoddlerwhisperer said...

It's amazing to look back and see how things we wanted so badly and the future we had planned really wouldn't have been the most fulfilling plan God had for us. I'm approaching 20 yrs since hs. ugh. and there are many unanswered prayers I am soo thankful for. :)

 
At February 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger CaseyWiegand said...

sending hugs your way today!! xoxo

 
At February 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Allyson said...

This is such a sweet post. I've not even graduated college yet, but already my life is so different than what I thought it would be. Thanks for the reminder that it's not about our own plans anyway!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Where does the time go? I have no idea! :) It goes by so quickly! But you're right, it's really a wonderful thing that life doesn't go quite as planned; because there are always better things waiting for us!
Alex from http://therolexrelease.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Summer said...

where does the time go? I have no idea! I feel old now lol! I still refuse to say I'm a grown up lol! Your hair looks super cute short!

new to your blog it is super cute

summer

 
At March 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Andy and Kiara said...

Amen! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home