This Page

has been moved to new address

Working Mom's Connect

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Working Mom's Connect

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Working Mom's Connect

Hi my name is Melanie. I am a wife to Anthony and mom to Grace, Olivia and Luke. This is my blog Keeping up with the Cantelmo's.
Welcome if this is your first time here!
I am 11 weeks pregnant with a new little blessing. When the new baby's born Grace will be 7, Olivia will be 2 1/2 and Luke will be 16 months. My hands and heart will be full. 
Currently I work full time while Anthony stays home with the kids.
This isn't exactly how we planned our life to be.
 Its just how it is right now. 
Luke was born April of 2011 and I decided to be a stay at home mom. Unfortunately in June Anthony lost his job.
I was hopeful for months that Anthony would find a job but recently we decided it would be best for me to head back to work.
I miss my family all day long. So we continue to pray that God will open up doors for Anthony. Until then I am thankful that God is allowing me to work and continue to grow in my field.
I work for a community mental health agency here in Arizona. 
I work with kids who have been abused, experienced trauma, or have a mental illness. I also work with their parents, foster parents, teachers and/or group homes. I have been in this field since 2007.
That's the lap top I use all the time and yes a picture of my twitter account. I can't show you much because of privacy laws. Below's my phone. I always have lots of messages, my planner with lots of appointments and underneith is the endless amount of documentation I try to avoid doing. 
My job isn't easy. The documentation and deadlines causes me anxiety. Sharing an office full of women makes me avoid working and feel scattered. Politics and budget cuts makes me feel hopeless. 
But the sweet kids I work with always makes me smile. The success stories make it worth it. And knowing a depressed little boy who experienced more trauma than any kid I know is finally moved out of a shelter and placed in foster care makes my day. 
No matter how long I've done this job. It doesn't get easier. 
My God gets bigger. 
We all need Him. 
No matter who we are or where we come from.
We need Him and we are worthy of His love.
Abused or abuser. Mentally ill or traumatized.
Rich or poor. Professional or non professional. 
We all need Him.
He is the only one that can heal us and change our lives.
On a lighter note. I suck on peppermints and preggie pops all day
so I don't throw up. Thankfully it's working.
And I snack on watermelon all afternoon long.
I need an intervention.

And now some advice from all you working moms that have it figured out. I can't keep up on laundry, dishes, home cooked meals, quality time with the kids and husband, walking my dogs, sleep, and time for me. How do you do it??????

I hope everyone is having a great week and I look forward to hearing your advice!!
Linking up with Kelly's Korner Blog











  
badge

Labels:

14 Comments:

At February 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM , Blogger sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Your family is absolutely precious!! And congrats on another sweet baby on the way. Praying you feel the Lord's guidance as you prepare for your new baby and the changes with you & your husband's employment!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 3:39 AM , Blogger Meg@Domesticated-ish said...

You are doing great, and you should be proud of yourself!

The best advice I can think of for a working mom is to just try as hard as possible to focus on what is in front of you at the moment. Our heads get so jumbled with the million things we have to get done, that chaos can make you just want to throw your hands up sometimes. Try not to think of your laundry that is unfolded when you are playing with your kids, and then try not to think of the million other things you still have to do while you are folding that laundry. It WILL get done, somehow, sometime!

I hope everything gets worked out soon so you can be home with your babies.. I hope the same for myself! =)

 
At February 10, 2012 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Kathryn said...

Beautiful family! It is so great that you focus on all the blessings in your life rather than the negatives - I really like that! Congrats on your little one. I pray that your pregnancy will continue to go well and that God will provide anything and everything you need when you need it. I am a new follower from the hop! Would love for you to check out my blog too, http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger LeahJo said...

Melanie, I don't think any of us have it figured it out. Even the most organized mom will still have endless lists of to-do's and life just doesn't stop.
Just this morning on my way to work, I wondered how on earth I am going to get everything on my list done while not neglecting my family. We can only do our best, and I'm sure they know it. You are doing a great job, and you will with your fourth one. Congrats again!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Annie@Letters to Mo said...

I am a working Mom and will likely always be a working Mom! I'm a medical social worker in the HIV field, and like you, my job is stressful and hard on my heart many times. Hoping good changes will come for your family!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Jessea Knight said...

wow thanks for sharing your heart! i found you over at THE SHINE PRJECT thru a comment...how did you get where you are now..job wise? i want to do what you do! i have a HUUUGE heart for hurting little boys and girls.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM , Blogger bailey said...

i found you through the friendly friday blog hop and am now following you. i hope you can stop by and follow me back at
http://www.baysbooks.blogspot.com
thanks

 
At February 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Ms POSH said...

Hi.
Stopping by from Friday Friend and Follow to say hello.
Have a great weekend!
POSH

 
At February 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM , Blogger BB Belle said...

Thanks for fighting the good fight!! Until 4/2011, I was a clinical social worker... and, then I let my license expire. I just couldn't do it any more. I am so thankful for the people like you who are able to stick with it despite all of the challenges. Thank you.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Denise said...

You have a cute family! And what a rewarding job!!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM , Blogger David and Carrie said...

Keeping on top of it all is soooo hard! One of the things that really helps me when I am consistent about doing is us weekly menu planning and weekly grocery shopping. It helps us go out less and saves lots of time and money.

My mom used to have a weekly schedule of cleaning duties. On Monday, she did bathrooms, on Tuesday she mopped floors, etc. I really need to get that going around here. I think it would make me less crabby about a messy house!

 
At February 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Anonymous Kendall said...

Thank you for sharing your story! I found you on the link up...and clicked because I am in a similar field. I'm working on my masters in early intervention for children with disabilities. But a LARGE population of the kids I work with come from families who are neglectful, addicts, depressed etc. It is SO hard to go into some of these homes week after week and feel that this one hour a week I am playing with this child may be the only time anyone ever plays with him. I praise God everyday for our blessings...and have so many prayers for these kids and their families. It's not easy!
Also, I am 16 weeks pregnant with my 2nd! Glad to have found you...you are getting a new follower out of me :) God bless!! xo

 
At February 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Southern Queen of the Crazies said...

Watermelon helped me when I was pregnant too!

 
At February 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM , Anonymous Tracy Stoffell said...

I am the mother of an 18 year old. I was able to stay home with him for 2 years then I went back to work. I would love to tell you that it has been easy but that would be a lie.

There was a time when I became more focused on my job more than my family. This was the most difficult time. God was truly watching out for me and my family. I could have lost them.

The best advice I can give is to stay grounded and keep God and your family first. Protect yourself against the pressures of work.

If I can help or if you need encouragement please feel free to email me at tracystoffell01@gmail.com. My blog site is http://tracyscoffeecafe.wordpress.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home