This Page

has been moved to new address

Do you believe in old wives tales?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: Do you believe in old wives tales?

Monday, March 26, 2012

Do you believe in old wives tales?

Baby is on my brain.
Food too but mainly baby.
Besides praying for the baby to be healthy.
I've been dying to know if the baby is a girl or a boy.
Since I have two girls and one boy either sex would be fine by me.
Since all my boy clothes are handy, having a boy would be nice.
And the baby could share a room with Luke. 
Sometimes I think this baby is a girl because with both Olivia and Grace I threw up all the time and had bad morning sickness and with Luke I was nauseous but never threw up.
I totally don't believe in all old wives tales. 
But I think it's fun to take silly online quizzes to see if I'm having a boy or a girl. Yes, I am silly.
I took the Chinese Gender test and according to that I'm having a boy. But the test also said that all of my kids should of been boys. HA. That's obviously not true.
This cute blog researched a few old wives tales and I thought it would be fun to share them with you.
I've bolded my answers. 
Maybe you can guess if I'm having a boy or a girl!!


1.            Do you crave the heals of bread or the middle?
Heals: Boy
Middle: Girl
2.            Hands Chapped/Dry or Softer?
Chapped: Boy
Softer: Girl
3.            Eating more or sick/nauseated?
Eating more: Boy
Sick: Girl - and eating tons!!! 
4.            Can people tell you are pregnant from the back?  Or are you pregnant all over?
Just from back:  Boy
All over: Girl
I don't know?
5. Which breast is bigger during pregnancy?
Left: Boy
Right: Girl
They're equal?
6.            Who was more aggressive at the time of conception?
Husband: Girl
Wife: Boy
I'll skip that one!
7.            During the pregnancy, have you been crabby or happy?
Crabby: girl
Happy: boy
8.            Carrying low or high?
Low: Boy
High: Girl
All of my pregnancies I carry high - too early to tell right now
9.            Do you crave sweet foods or sour/salty foods?
Salty/Sour: Boy
Sweet: Girl
10.              Is the heartbeat high or low:
High: Girl
Low: Boy
11.              Which side do you lay on when resting:
Left: Boy
Right: Girl
12.            During the pregnancy, have you been clumsy or graceful?
Clumsy: Boy
Graceful: Girl
13.            Show me your hands.
Shows them palms up: Girl
Shows them palms down: Boy
14.            Has the husband put on weight during the pregnancy?
Yes: Girl
No: Boy
15.              Pick up a single key.
Picks it up by the long narrow part: Girl
Picks it up by the round part: Boy
Picks it up in the middle: Twins
I didn't do this one because I'm too lazy to get off my booty.
16.              Did the older sibling say Mom or Dad first?
Mama: Girl
Dada: Boy - all my kids said dada first

 
So what do you guys think? Is baby number four a boy or a girl?
When you were pregnant did you just know it was a girl or boy?
Or were you wrong?

XOX,
Melanie




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At March 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM , Blogger AudreyLinden said...

With Lila, I thought she was a boy up until the night before my 20 week ultrasound. I dreamt I brought pink cookies to work! Then the next day we found out we were having Lila.

With Will I thought for sure he was going to be a girl again, but I was on the fence the entire time. When we did his Ultrasound they found out right away.

I was so happy! I wouldn't have it anyother way. If I think about Lila or Will not being here it would be so strange!

I feel that way about my sweet neices and nephews too.

Kiss my hubby for me tomorrow and tell him me and the kids miss him.

Love ya!

Audrey

 
At March 27, 2012 at 7:04 AM , Blogger mommatojoa said...

I don't believe in old wives tales either. I took all the tests for fun as well it said my son was supposed to be a girl and my daughter was supposed to be a boy lol.
I didn't do any of the quizzes with my third I had too much on my mind.

I did do the Chinese gender chart with all three and it was correct each time.

With my first two I just knew what their genders were.. With my third everyone convinced me. He was a girl so. I was shocked when they told me it was a boy!

 
At March 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM , Anonymous Sharla said...

I definitely don't believe in them. We didn't find out ahead of time what we were having. From day one I totally thought I was having a boy. Even strangers would come up to me and tell me I was having a boy. So imagine my surprise when I pushed that little baby out and the doctor announced that it was a girl! But I wouldn't have it any other way!! Can't wait to find out what you're having!

 
At March 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

I have never heard of a lot of these wives tales. I did the chinese prediction chart too and it was wrong both times!

 
At March 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM , Blogger LOVESTRONG said...

I love this! I'm totally like that. I'm sure I will answer every questionnaire I can get my hands on. Can't wait till we're finally ready for kids!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home