This Page

has been moved to new address

A guest post from Ashley

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A guest post from Ashley

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A guest post from Ashley

I'm so excited to have Ashley from Mister G and Me guest posting today! 
You are going to love Ashley, she is so sweet and so creative.
I'm excited for you to get to know her better.
Love, 


Hi!  I'm Ashley from the blog Mister G and Me.  I'm so excited to hang out with you today on Keeping Up with the Cantelmo's!  Melanie is one of my very favorite bloggers-- so this is quite the honor!  
Mister G and Me is a creative blog designed to inspire it's readers.  I love posting craft projects, DIY tutorials, and recipes.  Today I have my mom's amazing chicken enchiladas recipe to share with you.  I made them for dinner on Sunday-- and my husband John was talking them up all day!    

Ingredients:

8 tortillas
Olive oil
About 4 green onions - chopped
2 tbs butter
1 tsp coriander
8 oz sour cream
3 tbs flour
1 can green chilies
1 cup shredded cheese
1 lb chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Cook your chicken how you please. I use chicken breast and cook it in a pan over medium heat with a little oil. Cook just until the inside isn't pink anymore.   Remove from heat and allow to cool for a bit.
3. Prepare your sauce. Mix 8 oz sour cream, 2 tbs butter, and 3 tbs flour together in a pan.  Stir in 1 tsp coriander.  Add your green onions and 2 cups chicken stock. Stir and cook over medium heat to thicken.

4. After your sauce has thickened, mix in 1/2 cup shredded cheese and 1 can green chilies.  Set aside.

5. Cut your chicken up into tiny pieces. Add 1 cup of your sauce to your chicken.

 6. Lightly brush olive oil on your tortillas and slightly brown them in a pan. (this is the secret to extra tasty enchiladas!)

7. Fill your tortillas with chicken sauce, roll, and put in a lightly oiled in a pan - seam side down.
8. Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce mixture and 1/4 cup cheese.

 9. Cook 30 minutes, sprinkling 1/4 cup cheese in the last 5 minutes.

Yum!  Serve and enjoy!



Be sure to stop by my blog and let me know how your enchiladas turned out!



xoxo,

Ashley

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Lovelyladyjb said...

great recipe! I will definitely be trying this! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home