This Page

has been moved to new address

A Day in Our Life

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Keeping up with The Cantelmo's: A Day in Our Life

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Day in Our Life

I’ve seen other bloggers document their day as a way to remember what they were doing at that particular stage of their child’s life. I wish I had done this when Grace was younger but I’ll start now.
 Every morning Grace wakes me up at 6:30am. Luke usually is awake in his crib and Olivia is normally still fast asleep. I bring Luke and Grace downstairs, Grace watches TV while I feed Luke, make breakfast and make Grace’s lunch. I also empty the dishwasher.
Olivia wakes around 7am and then I feed her.
After that we all head upstairs. I change diapers, get the kids dressed, Grace’s brushes her teeth and I do her hair. The kids play while I get ready.
At 7:45am we drive Gracie to school. Her school is a few miles from our house so we use that time to pray and talk about our day. Olivia loves praying and telling us all about the different things God made. She also throws a little tantrum is we’re not listening to The Fresh Beat Band…I usually give in.
Grace gets dropped off at 8:20am. She loves it when she gets to school early because she gets to play before class starts. After we drop Grace off Olivia always says, “I go to skooooool and bring a pack pack.” It’s super cute!
If I don't need anything from the grocery store I take Luke and Olivia to the park. I try to stay for an hour to get their energy out. Today we went to the park and then walked around the lake together. Next to the park is a library so we went in the library for a bit too!


After we get home from the park Luke goes down for his nap. And I feed Olivia lunch, clean up a bit, and sometimes fold laundry. After lunch she has some time to wind down and then she goes down for a nap. Lately I have been so tired that I lay down but if I have energy I usually read my book outside or do laundry.
When Luke gets up I feed him lunch, we do laundry together and he plays in my bathroom while I take a shower. By then it’s almost 2:15pm and time to leave to go get Gracie. Olivia usually needs to be woken up from her nap.
We head to get Grace from school and when we pick Grace up we here all about her day. Then we head home, I make a snack for the kids, Grace unwinds by watching TV and then she does homework. Most days we have some sort of activity like swim lessons or gymnastics.

After our little activity we all eat dinner together. Then Grace takes a shower and the babies get baths. I usually read to the kids unless it’s Monday night because on Monday night we all watch Dancing with the Stars.
Luke goes down first at 7:00pm, Olivia at 7:30pm and Grace at 8:00pm. Anthony and I try to hang out together on the couch but I usually fall asleep!
Lately Olivia has been waking up at night with nightmares about monsters and tigers trying to get her. She used to be my best sleeper. It’s really wearing on us because usually when she wakes she is inconsolable and often wakes up Luke and Grace with her screaming. I am hoping this stage ends soon!!!


2 more days to enter this giveaway!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At April 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

I did a post like this not long ago too. I am glad I will be able to look back on it one day. I love to see how other mommas spend their days with their kids. :) Oh, and we love watching Dancing With The Stars too.

 
At April 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM , Anonymous We're giving away 4 FREE treatments in Glendale to one deserving Mom! VelaShape is the only FDA approved device that effectively and safely contours, shapes, and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problems areas. Enter to win here:https://www.facebook.com/MillenniumLaser/app_154581087931912 said...

We're giving away 4 FREE treatments in Glendale to one deserving Mom!

VelaShape is the only FDA approved device that effectively and safely contours, shapes, and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problems areas.

Enter to win here:https://www.facebook.com/MillenniumLaser/app_154581087931912

 
At April 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Cheeky D said...

My 2 year old also calls it a pack pack...she loves hers!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM , Anonymous Jamie said...

Aww great post! I did a 'Day in the Life' post too and I'm so glad I did - tons of fun :)

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

 
At April 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous larlee said...

Thanks for sharing! Are you done with your temporary working assignment?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home